How do you define marriage? What makes it sacred? If marriage = a loving couple committing to each other for the rest of their lives, who else should be part of the equation? Some people believe a marriage is only valid if done in church by a priest, while others are content to be legally married in a courthouse. Some couples want to have a ceremony to involve all the people they love as witnesses of the solidifying of their union. Some couples already feel committed to their bond but want the law to acknowledge their bond for tax, insurance, and other legal purposes such as having the rights of a family member in emergency matters surrounding their beloveds. What does marriage mean to you, and what could possibly threaten that...Read More
Home » Posts by evadavidph
Subscribe to Blog via Email
The Palomar Coffee Talks project fosters campus engagement and community dialogue through live events that open people”s hearts, eyes and minds. We build community through shared experience and dialogue about the diverse experiences of marginalized peoples and groups among us and other pressing issues of the day. Our community includes the locality of Palomar College and it’s surroundings, plus the virtuality of all those who engage with us via the blog.
Our Twitter Feed
- Panel Details for Anon(mous)
- What are your critical thinking questions related to the refugee crisis?
- ‘The Good Person of Setzuan’ inspires a sense of wonder – The Telescope Newspaper
- Being a good person should be the next trend – The Telescope Newspaper
- Coffee talk brings together artists, audience – The Telescope Newspaper