Last Summer at Bluefish Cove is important in theater history as the first mainstream, high quality script featuring well crafted gay characters in a compelling love story revealing universal truths within the lesbian experience. The central character is a vibrant, self-confident woman named Lil Zalinski, who is spending the summer alone at a beach cottage in a small enclave that has been a lesbian haven for 30 years. Also at the cove are her...Read More
Home » You Choose our Finale
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Nina Simone on the Duty of an Artist
An artist’s duty, as far as I’m concerned, is to reflect the times. I think that is true of painters, sculptors, poets, musicians. . . I CHOOSE to reflect the times and situations in which I find myself. That, to me, is my duty. And at this crucial time in our lives, when everything is so desperate, when every day is a matter of survival, I don’t think you can help but be involved. . . We will shape and mold this country or it will not be molded and shaped at all anymore. So I don’t think you have a choice. How can you be an artist and NOT reflect the times? That to me is the definition of an artist.
Our Twitter Feed
[fts twitter twitter_name=palcoffeetalker]
- Characteristics of Community Dialogues on Race
- Panel Details for Anon(mous)
- What are your critical thinking questions related to the refugee crisis?
- ‘The Good Person of Setzuan’ inspires a sense of wonder – The Telescope Newspaper
- Being a good person should be the next trend – The Telescope Newspaper