Connecting Classrooms Program
PerformingHearts invites teachers and students to participate in this critical thinking project. Pablo Picasso famously described art as, “A lie that reveals the truth.” We offer performances and public gatherings that provide an occasion to analyze aspects of our society and the human condition from the multiple perspectives provided by differing academic disciplines. This Spring, we will focus on the experiences of Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer people in our society. Here”s how you can participate.
Spring Semester 2012: The PerformingHearts project will facilitate discussions between participating classrooms across many allied disciplines. The springboard for the discussion will the series of events offered for LGBTQ Awareness Month. ( http://www2.palomar.edu/performinghearts/?page_id=584) Ways of participating might include:
- Give extra credit to students for attending one or more of the events. Encourage them to post a response on the blog.
- Have a discussion about gender and sexuality in American culture and encourage your students to share their comments on the blog.
- Encourage students to use the blog for pre-writing or free-writing process and discussion
- If you already have a written assignment that relates to the topic, post some quotes or conclusions from the assignment on the blog.
- Create a written assignment that relates to the topic, post some quotes or conclusions from the assignment on the blog.
Faculty can list participating classes at http://www2.palomar.edu/performinghearts/?p=975
If you would like to post blogs or topics to this site please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org