PerformingHearts invites teachers and students to participate in this critical thinking project. This year’s theme is, “The Right To Think?! Science, Politics and Public Perception. Our four theatre productions investigate different aspects of the current American discourse on the relationship between truth and ideology. In each play, knowledge provided by science creates personal and social crisis over questions of ethics, morality , politics, economics and the public good. These American landscapes include the issues of industrial waste and pollution, media manipulation in the interest of economics, the uninformed electorate, abortion and poverty, human communication in the age of technology, and academic freedom and the teaching of evolution.
In connection to the productions we are offering a series of Coffee Talks with distinguished panelists and public dialogue over the topics raised by the plays.
- Give extra credit to students for attending one or more of the events. Encourage them to post a response on the blog.
- Have a discussion about “The Right To Think?!”
- Encourage students to use the blog for pre-writing or free-writing process and discussion
- If you already have a written assignment that relates to the topic, post some quotes or conclusions from the assignment on the blog.
- Create a written assignment that relates to the topic, post some quotes or conclusions from the assignment on the blog.
Faculty can list participating classes at http://www2.palomar.edu/performinghearts/?p=1176
If you would like to post blogs or topics to this site please send an email to email@example.com