LGBTQ Event Listings
April is LGBTQ AWARENESS MONTH At Palomar College, presented by the PC3H & LGBTQA Student Club in collaboration with PerformingHeARTS.
- Join us for live events and online discussions that open our hearts, eyes and minds.
- Check out each individual event page to comment with your experience and analysis of specific events.
- Check out the Discuss/Debate section for general discussion.
March 29 Diversity Day
- 10 AM – 2 PM LGBTQ Celebration & Cesar Chavez Day Celebration at the Student Union
- 2 PM – 4 PM Women’s History Month 2012: Female Puberty Rites Across Cultures panel discussion in room MD-157.
- 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM Unity in Diversity: Deconstructing Dominance. Live entertainment, refreshments from a variety of cultures, engaging speakers, and a panel discussion. This year’s keynote speaker is L. Frank, a Native California Indian (Tongva-Ajachmem) artist, tribal scholar, cartoonist, and community activist. http://www.palomar.edu/hr/diversity. Student Union
April 13-22 Last Summer at Bluefish Cove by Jane Chambers. Directed by Michael Mufson
With comedic dialogue, sensitivity to human nature and tender treatment of her characters, Jane Chambers offers a compelling love story revealing universal truths within the lesbian experience and their effect on relationships with family, children, parents and careers.
Friday, Saturday, 8pm; Sunday, 7pm; Thursday, 4pm. O2 Performance Studio, Palomar College, San Marcos. $12 General, $10 Seniors and Staff, $8 Students, www.palomarperforms.com
- 12:30 PM Keynote Address: The State of LGBTQ Activism featuring Christopher Joesph Rocha & LQBTQ Occupy San Diego Activists. Christopher Joesph Rocha was a plaintiff in the LCR suit that successfully ruled Don’t Ask Don’t Tell UNCONSTITUTIONAL and unenforceable. He is a deputy field director in the campaign to elect the first LGBT Mayor of San Francisco. He has been a guest on NPR, CNN, Newsweek (soon GQ Magazine) and is writing for the Washington Post and the Huffington Post, and is currently a candidate for Marine Officer Candidate School. O2 Performance Studio.
- 2 PM You Never Know: Aspects of Having LGBTQ Students in your class. This workshop will cover a general outline of what it means to be part of the LGBTQ community, how to prevent making LGBTQ students feel excluded in class, how to deal with types of LGBTQ related harassment and/or negative comments from students while in class, and lastly, why all of this is not only important, but how it will improve the confidence and comfort of students who are LGBTQ. No one should feel threatened or excluded in the classroom, and this workshop will cover the basics to insure that never happens. Location TBA
- Day of Silence – In solidarity with the national day of silence students will take a vow of silence to bring attention to anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment.
- 12:30 PM Between The Silence: PerformingheARTs OUT Loud! Queer music and dance performance by Palomar Performing Arts faculty. Plus Peter Gach reflects on 30 years as a gay professor at Palomar, just a few week prior to his retirement. Performance Lab D-10
April 26th Palomar LGBTQ Pride Fest –
LGBTQ Awareness Month Flyers
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.