On a rainy, Saturday in November, a group of Occupy San Diego particpants began to develop an analytical image to present in front of the Wells Fargo Bank at the corner of Market and 1st Ave. The image intends to portray the relationship of banks and corporations to the actual suffering of our people and the political structures that have enable them. Due to the rain we did not get a photo of the finished image and we did not march to Wells...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "crisis"
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Nina Simone on the Duty of an Artist
An artist’s duty, as far as I’m concerned, is to reflect the times. I think that is true of painters, sculptors, poets, musicians. . . I CHOOSE to reflect the times and situations in which I find myself. That, to me, is my duty. And at this crucial time in our lives, when everything is so desperate, when every day is a matter of survival, I don’t think you can help but be involved. . . We will shape and mold this country or it will not be molded and shaped at all anymore. So I don’t think you have a choice. How can you be an artist and NOT reflect the times? That to me is the definition of an artist.
Our Twitter Feed
[fts twitter twitter_name=palcoffeetalker]
- Characteristics of Community Dialogues on Race
- Panel Details for Anon(mous)
- What are your critical thinking questions related to the refugee crisis?
- ‘The Good Person of Setzuan’ inspires a sense of wonder – The Telescope Newspaper
- Being a good person should be the next trend – The Telescope Newspaper