On a rainy, Saturday in November, a group of Occupy San Diego particpants began to develop an analytical image to present in front of the Wells Fargo Bank at the corner of Market and 1st Ave. The image intends to portray the relationship of banks and corporations to the actual suffering of our people and the political structures that have enable them. Due to the rain we did not get a photo of the finished image and we did not march to Wells...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Occupy Wall Street"
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Nina Simone on the Duty of an Artist
An artist’s duty, as far as I’m concerned, is to reflect the times. I think that is true of painters, sculptors, poets, musicians. . . I CHOOSE to reflect the times and situations in which I find myself. That, to me, is my duty. And at this crucial time in our lives, when everything is so desperate, when every day is a matter of survival, I don’t think you can help but be involved. . . We will shape and mold this country or it will not be molded and shaped at all anymore. So I don’t think you have a choice. How can you be an artist and NOT reflect the times? That to me is the definition of an artist.
- Hepsibahis said Thank you
- BsmartdeaL said Excellent described and well written by the author. Thanks for such wonderful informative post.
- Jobrakhi said Thanks for the argument and solution Sir. I will always remember your article.
- Biplab Acharjee said I had been never familiar with such situation, so I don’t have any Idea about it. But Feeling really good to read the story. Thanks!
- Martin Japtok said Civilized, who teaches hate? If that is so then we need to know who that is so that one can talk to the person of see whether there was a misund...