Home » Posts by Monika Brannick
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Nina Simone on the Duty of an Artist
An artist’s duty, as far as I’m concerned, is to reflect the times. I think that is true of painters, sculptors, poets, musicians. . . I CHOOSE to reflect the times and situations in which I find myself. That, to me, is my duty. And at this crucial time in our lives, when everything is so desperate, when every day is a matter of survival, I don’t think you can help but be involved. . . We will shape and mold this country or it will not be molded and shaped at all anymore. So I don’t think you have a choice. How can you be an artist and NOT reflect the times? That to me is the definition of an artist.
- Penis Büyütücüler said Yesterday at Palomar college a teacher came to give a speech in my class, he was talking about do black lives matter? According to the way he wa...
- Hepsibahis said Thank you
- BsmartdeaL said Excellent described and well written by the author. Thanks for such wonderful informative post.
- Jobrakhi said Thanks for the argument and solution Sir. I will always remember your article.
- Biplab Acharjee said I had been never familiar with such situation, so I don’t have any Idea about it. But Feeling really good to read the story. Thanks!