A fascinating study of Palomar students’ analysis of the economic crisis. This workshop at Palomar College was the beginning of the project and process. This is the most comprehensive exploration of the subject due the advantages of a classroom setting over the street.Read More
Home » Political Economy Days
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Nina Simone on the Duty of an Artist
An artist’s duty, as far as I’m concerned, is to reflect the times. I think that is true of painters, sculptors, poets, musicians. . . I CHOOSE to reflect the times and situations in which I find myself. That, to me, is my duty. And at this crucial time in our lives, when everything is so desperate, when every day is a matter of survival, I don’t think you can help but be involved. . . We will shape and mold this country or it will not be molded and shaped at all anymore. So I don’t think you have a choice. How can you be an artist and NOT reflect the times? That to me is the definition of an artist.
- Hepsibahis said Thank you
- BsmartdeaL said Excellent described and well written by the author. Thanks for such wonderful informative post.
- Jobrakhi said Thanks for the argument and solution Sir. I will always remember your article.
- Biplab Acharjee said I had been never familiar with such situation, so I don’t have any Idea about it. But Feeling really good to read the story. Thanks!
- Martin Japtok said Civilized, who teaches hate? If that is so then we need to know who that is so that one can talk to the person of see whether there was a misund...