This is the same video worksheet that you have in your Course Packet.
Try to answer the questions yourself before looking at the answer. You should
be able to answer most of these based on your lecture notes and readings.
To see the answer, click on the pop-up menu.
1. Ancient Mesopotamia lies in present-day __________.
2. In 1947, Bedouin shepherds in present-day Israel discovered __________,
which dated to the time of Christ.
3. Which of the following artifacts, discovered in 1868 and now lost,
described a battle that was also mentioned in the Bible?
4. In 586 B.C., the armies of Nebuchadnezzar sacked Jerusalem and took
the Israelite captives to __________.
5. All of the following could be seen in the ancient city of Babylon
6. Babylon's written, legal code, the first of its kind, was inscribed
on a stele known as the Law Code of __________.
7. How was ancient Assyria described in the Bible?
8. The Great Library at Nineveh, part of the ancient Assyrian palace
complex, contained about 22,000 clay tablets written in __________.
9. In 1989, a burial chamber containing two Assyrian queens was discovered
beneath the floor of the ancient palace at __________.
10. The Epic of Gilgamesh, which is about an ancient Sumerian
hero, describes a _________ similar to one mentioned in the Bible.
11. Which ancient site has been referred to as the "first civilization
12. Sir Leonard Woolley discovered the __________, which contained 74
skeletons, all entombed at the same time.
13. In the Epic of Gilgamesh, Dilmun is referred to as a Mesopotamian
equivalent of __________.
14. The present-day island of __________, south of the ancient city of
Ur, was once an "Eden-like" place with plenty of water, lush gardens,