All Palomar College students are invited to attend our general meetings and participate in our local events. Alpha Omega Rho would like to invite all qualified individuals to join Phi Theta Kappa and enjoy the privileges that come with membership. Some benefits include:
- Recognition. All members of Phi Theta Kappa may wear the Golden Honor Stole and Tassel, Honor Cord, and Key Medallion during their commencement ceremony. They may also affix the Society’s Gold Diploma Seal to their two-year college diploma and have their membership noted in their transcript. Members automatically become nominated for the National Dean’s List.
- Scholarships. More than $36 million in transfer scholarships are available to Phi Theta Kappa members. Other two-year college scholarships such as the Leaders of Promise and the $1000 Coca-Cola Scholarship are available. For the latest information, visit the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Page.
- Recommendations. At the request of the member, Phi Theta Kappa headquarters will send a letter of recommendation to college admission counselors, scholarship committees, or potential employers.
- Online Resources. Members can Get Connected to take advantage of great offers, discounts, and a host of online benefits. They also get an a chance to win a $500 scholarship just for accessing the site.
- Paid Travel. Active members in the Alpha Omega Rho chapter have a chance to have their airplane and hotel expenses paid to participate in national or regional conferences.
- Leadership. Members have numerous opportunities to serve as chapter, regional, or even international officers. Leadership training is also available to them through seminars and conferences.
- More Benefits. Visit our Benefits page to get more details.