The Palomar Chapter of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society is running a shoe drive from October 8 – December 15 to support the Palomar College Foundation.
Make an impact by donating your gently-worn shoes today! Donations can be made in the yellow and green boxes located around Palomar College campuses. The shoes donated will help individuals affected by natural disasters around the globe and all proceeds will be donated towards Palomar student scholarships and academic success.
Shoe donations can also be made at this year’s Monster Dash and Bash fundraising event.
For more information about this fundraiser or how to join Phi Theta Kappa, visit our website and social media pages, and remember, we’re better together.
All students who meet eligibility requirements should have received an email containing an invitation to join Phi Theta Kappa. All invitations have been sent to Palomar student emails. Any questions or concerns can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kalvin McCallum, President
Corbin McCallum, V.P. of Scholarship
Chris Carson, V.P. of Communication
Allie Matz, V.P. of Service
Ryan Fouad, Secretary
Come check out our weekly meetings, held every Monday, 4:30 to 5:30 in the Reading Lab H-112.
We will be meeting tomorrow from 12:00-1:00 in room MD-155C. Please join the discussion as we plan for Club Rush on September 18! We will also be discussing our upcoming Orientation Meeting in which new and potential members have the opportunity to learn all of the benefits and reasons why joining Phi Theta Kappa is a solid decision.
This Wednesday is our second meeting of the semester. Join us in Room MD-155C as we discuss the upcoming booth events including Club Rush, the culture awareness project taking place at the end of September, and the possibility of presenting at the 2013 Fall Leadership Convention.
We still have leadership spots open. Come find out more about them!
The Fall semester has started and we kicked it off at the booth events for Discover Palomar. The officer board had the pleasure of meeting many potential Phi Theta Kappans as well as some current members. It was a great event and we thank all of you who stopped by to say “hi!
Meetings this fall will be on Wednesday from 12-1 in room MD-155C. We really do hope that you will join us as we plan events, work on projects, and participate in the leadership development series. The leadership development series is a new aspect of the member meetings with the goal to enhance member leadership skills. At the end of each meeting in September, an officer will present a short lesson on leadership topics such as ethics, building a team, and working on goals.
This semester is filled with upcoming events. The chapter will be running a donation drive to collect toys, books, and funds for promises2kids.org, an organization that assists foster children. On October 26th, we invite members to join us to create ornaments and sign cards for the kids to be delivered with the donations. Also this semester, chapter members will be visiting local middle and high school classes to promote the benefits of the two-year college and offer information on funding their education. These events and projects are only a couple of the opportunities open for our members. Please join us at our meetings to find out more and keep an eye on this site as we keep you updated with all of the chapter news.
And again, welcome back members!
All Palomar College students are invited to attend our general meetings and participate in our local events. Alpha Omega Rho would like to invite all qualified individuals to join Phi Theta Kappa and enjoy the privileges that come with membership. Some benefits include:
- Recognition. All members of Phi Theta Kappa may wear the Golden Honor Stole and Tassel, Honor Cord, and Key Medallion during their commencement ceremony. They may also affix the Society’s Gold Diploma Seal to their two-year college diploma and have their membership noted in their transcript. Members automatically become nominated for the National Dean’s List.
- Scholarships. More than $36 million in transfer scholarships are available to Phi Theta Kappa members. Other two-year college scholarships such as the Leaders of Promise and the $1000 Coca-Cola Scholarship are available. For the latest information, visit the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Page.
- Recommendations. At the request of the member, Phi Theta Kappa headquarters will send a letter of recommendation to college admission counselors, scholarship committees, or potential employers.
- Online Resources. Members can Get Connected to take advantage of great offers, discounts, and a host of online benefits. They also get an a chance to win a $500 scholarship just for accessing the site.
- Paid Travel. Active members in the Alpha Omega Rho chapter have a chance to have their airplane and hotel expenses paid to participate in national or regional conferences.
- Leadership. Members have numerous opportunities to serve as chapter, regional, or even international officers. Leadership training is also available to them through seminars and conferences.
- More Benefits. Visit our Benefits page to get more details.