Education to Career Network Overview
The Education to Career Network of North San Diego County works to leverage resources and increase collaboration and partnerships among providers of adult education and support services within the region.
Through its member districts, the Network provides adult students with ongoing learning opportunities by offering high quality, relevant, and responsive courses, programs and services. The purpose of the Network is to assist students in reaching their individual educational goals including career advancement, college preparation, and life enrichment.
The Education to Career Network will promote student achievement and preparation for employment by providing relevant educational programs that allow adults to contribute productively in their communities.
In collaboration with our community partners, we will create pathways and seamless transitions to postsecondary education and/or the workforce.
We will ensure students have the support services to accommodate their needs.
- Escondido Union High School District
- Palomar Community College District
- Poway Unified School District
- Ramona Unified School District
- San Marcos Unified School District
- Vista Unified School District
Communities Served by the Network:
- 4S Ranch
- Borrego Springs
- Carmel Mountain
- Del Sur
- Rancho Bernardo
- Rancho Penasquitos
- Sabre Springs
- San Marcos
- Valley Center-Pauma
- Warner Springs
- Elementary and secondary basic skills including classes required for a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate
- Classes and courses for immigrants eligible for education services in citizenship and English as a second language and workforce preparation classes in basic skills
- Education programs for adults with disabilities
- Short-term career technical education programs with high employment potential
- Programs for apprenticeships
- Education programs for older adults in the workforce
- Adults training to support child school success
The ETCN is dedicated to “doing things differently” in order to accelerate academic and career success for adult education students in our region. Together with our business and agency partners, our consortium is committed to aligning systems and serving existing students in more focused ways that will bring about more successful transitions of students to post-secondary education and the workplace.