This subfield studies the human communication process focusing on the importance of socio-cultural influences; nonverbal communication; and the structure, function, and history of languages, dialects, pidgins, and creoles.
Linguistic Anthropology Links
- Ancient Scripts of the World (U.C. Berkeley–great resource for learning about obscure ancient written languages)
- Ethnologue (Summer Institute of Linguistics, Dallas, Texas–catalog of the 6000+ languages in the world)
- Explore Linguistics (University of Oregon)
- iLove Languages (extensive language related links)
- Native Languages Page (links related to Native American and Hawaiian languages)