Graduating Seniors & New Students
Welcome to Palomar College!
The information provided on this page is designed to help you navigate the onboarding process in becoming a Palomar student. The Assessment-School Relations team is always available to assist you in this process or with answering any questions about the College. You can also request a one-on-one zoom meeting with the staff by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 760-744-1150 ext. 2476.
Don't Delay! Important Timelines are Approaching Quickly!!
- Palomar Promise is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE until we reach capacity program.
- Our first-cut review for Promise students will be in April 2021.
- Priority Registration for FALL 2021 is MAY 3, 2021.
New Student Checklist
Following the checklist will help you with completing the process.
You can access and print the checklist here.
As a new college student, you have an opportunity to become part of our Palomar Promise.
Promise benefits for the 2021-2022 academic year include:
- Two years of free tuition - up to 19 units per semester
- Textbook assistance
- Priority Registration for the first year
- Specialized academic and career planning with related support services
*Program benefits subject to available funding
- Be a first-time college student after leaving high school (dual/concurrent enrollment units are exempt)
- Be a California resident or from an eligible exempt group (i.e. AB 540 or military dependent)
- Submit your 2020-2021 FAFSA or Dream Act application - must include Palomar College's (school code - 001260)
- Complete the Palomar Promise Application by logging onto your MyPalomar(eServices)
- In your Student Center, on the right is a column of boxes. Go to the PROMISE PROGRAM box and click APPLICATION
- Remember, you are NOT making a commitment to Promise, you are giving yourself the opportunity to participate. You can always say, "no".
- Enroll full-time in 12-units and maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Students with a disability may be eligible for fewer that 12-units. Contact Palomar College's Disability Resource Center (DRC) at 760-593-7230 or at email@example.com
Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA application at www.fafsa.gov if you are a U.S. Citizen or eligible Noncitizen
- Complete the California Dream Act application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/ (Open to AB 540 students not eligible for federal aid)
Your Palomar College Student Email
- Activate your Palomar College student email account on MyPalomar(e-Services)
- Your Palomar student email is the only means of official communication with Palomar College
- You can link your Palomar College email account to your personal email
K12 Special Admissions Form
Submit a K12 Special Admissions form if you will not be 18 years old before August 23, 2021. No signature from your high school is required as you will no longer be in high school as of August 23, 2021. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check your “To Do List” on MyPalomar(eServices) and submit required information and documents promptly
- You can scan and email PDF documents from your Palomar College student email to email@example.com
The Palomar College 2021/2022 Scholarship Application has now closed. Applications were accepted until 03/08/2021. The 2022/2023 application will be available in January 2022.
Private scholarships are available for students and graduating high school seniors planning to attend Palomar College and for students transferring to 4-year universities. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for the scholarship each school year. The funds are disbursed the following school year.
There are many great resources out there for you to find scholarship money to pay your way through your education.