Instructors of Canvas classes can add a Palomar College employee to a Canvas course with Observer permissions.
Instructors cannot add students to a course in Canvas. Students are automatically enrolled in Canvas based on actual enrollments several times a day.
You should not add anyone to Canvas as a Teacher, Co-Teacher, TA, POCR, or Designer.
Add an Observer to a Canvas Course
- Enter your Canvas course.
- Click People on the course navigation menu.
- Click the +People button.
- Select Login ID.
- Enter the Palomar employee’s 9-digit ID number.
- Select the Observer role for the user. Do not select any other available roles.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Add Users button.
- The new Observer will immediately have access to your course.
Remove an Observer from a Canvas Course