What is the Student Wellness Advocacy Group (SWAG)?
The Student Wellness Advocacy Group is a peer education program that promotes mental health and wellness education on campus. Our mission is to raise awareness about mental health, and other related issues, and to create a culture of support on campus. We hope to provide valuable education and connect students to the resources, available both on and off campus, in order to promote success and wellness for our colleagues here at Palomar College and beyond.
- Students are more likely to reach out for help from other students
- Peers provide a different level of empathy and understanding
- It can be more comfortable for students to talk with peers
- Peers can see more signs that someone may need support
- Students are more likely to utilize the resources available to them when they are recommended by a peer
- Peers can reach a larger audience
SWAG affects change on campus in ways like ….
Wednesday Wellness Workshops:
Join SWAG in discussing mental health and wellness topics every other week with your peers and learn about the resources on campus! Spring 2020 workshops will be announced soon!
Interactive Tabling Activities:
Join us for weekly activities in the Student Union such as Art Therapy, Stress Globes, Hug Therapy, Meditation, Vision Boards, Journaling and more!