Palomar College, through the Business Administration Department, is a Certiport Authorized Testing Center (CATC).
Due to Covid 19, Certiport has developed a new solution, “Certiport Exams from Home” that allows candidates to test from home. For more information, click here. For exams dates and to schedule an appointment, please email Lourdes Runk at email@example.com
The following certifications are offered:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Digital Literacy Certification (IC3)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business (ESB)
- PMI Project Management Ready™ Certification
Palomar College classes as well as certifications are currently held remotely. Visit Certiport Exams From Home site for more information. Tests are administered twice a month by appointment only. There is a $15 proctoring fee (payable at the Cashier’s Office). This fee is in addition to the voucher purchased from Certiport. A picture I.D. is required at the time of testing. Contact Lourdes Runk at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to schedule a test.
All test candidates need to:
- Go to the main Certiport website (certiport.com)
- Under the tab Test Candidates click start here to register. Note that the same username and password you create at this site, will also be used in the MD-335 test computer.
- After registering in Certiport, contact Lourdes Runk to schedule an appointment for the test in MD-335.
Information for Palomar College Students and Staff for Microsoft Office Specialist and QuickBooks.
The MOS and QBCU voucher and proctoring fees are waived for Palomar College students and staff. However, note that the MTA and IC3 voucher fees are not waived by the Business Department.
MOS Practice Test via GMetrix:
- Contact Lourdes Runk to obtain an access code. Please notice that if a staff/student takes any of the classes listed below, they would get the access code from their instructor.
CLASS SUBJECT CONTACT ACCT 110 QuickBooks Jackie Martin
BUS 170 &
Word for Business-Basic &
BUS 175 Excel for Business-Basic Linda Amor
BUS 176 &
Excel for Business-Intermediate &
BUS 180 Access for Business-Basic Linda Amor
- Register, download, and access your Gmetrix account at https://www.gmetrix.net/Login in order to redeem the access code and practice at your convenience as many times as needed.
Certification via Certiport
Please notice that for QBCU exam, the practice and the actual certification exams are delivered via Certiport in MD-335 and we are limited to two practice tests per candidate.
Once the test candidate is ready, I would recommend you to go through the study guides and/or exam objectives (see links below) posted in Certiport, these are industry certifications and would meet Certiport standards and policies, see following link http://www.certiport.com/Portal
To earn Professional Development hours for the Industry Software Certification please use the PD self-designed code #113 “Improve or Learn How to Use Computers and Technology in Instruction”. On your PD contract you must provide the following information: 1.) Describe the Certiport test you took. 2.) The date, time, and location of your test, and how long it took to complete (amount of PD hours). 3.) Describe how completing the Certiport test aligns with the intent of PD which is student, staff, and/or instructional improvement. To access your PD contract go to eServices and click on “Prof.Development Contract”.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2016 & 2013 and QuickBooks Certified User (QCU) Exam Objectives:
- MOS Access
- MOS Excel
- MOS OneNote
- MOS Outlook
- MOS PowerPoint
- MOS Word
- PMI Project Management Ready
- Small Business Management
Lourdes Runk MD-335
(760) 744-1150 x2488 (IF BUSY, use EMAIL)