Welcome to Palomar College Camp Pendleton!
We are excited to have you join the Palomar Powered community! To apply and enroll in classes, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Apply Online
Apply online at www.palomar.edu/apply. You will receive your Palomar Student ID number when your application is complete. Set up your student email and download the Palomar College Mobile app to add/drop classes, pay fees, and find your textbooks. Questions? Call or email our Camp Pendleton Center!
Step 2: Residency and Priority Registration Verification
- Deemed "Non-Resident" during the application process? Active Duty and Dependents qualify for in-state residency with Palomar! Changing your residency status with Palomar will qualify you for the in-state tuition rate as well as eligibility to receive State Aid through FAFSA. Contact our office to find out how to update your residency status!
- Priority Registration is available for Active Duty Military and Veteran students. To determine your eligibility, please contact our Camp Pendleton Center.
Step 3: Complete New Student Orientation
Orientation is mandatory for new students. You may complete the orientation online! Questions? Call the Orientation & Follow-up Services Office at 760-744-1150 ext. 3783.
Step 4: Develop an Education Plan
- New student? Request your Joint Service Transcript (JST) through the Base Education Center to be sent to Palomar College. You may sign up for a Group Counseling Session through our office.
- Prior College Student? Order your official college transcript(s) from any previous colleges you attended as well as your Joint Service Transcript (JST). You may schedule an individual counseling appointment with an Academic Counselor by contacting our office.
- Math and English Placement can be found on your Student Center through your MyPalomar account. Questions regarding your placement? Contact Assessment at email@example.com.
Step 5: Apply for Financial Aid or Tuition Assistance
- FAFSA: State (California Promise Grant) and Federal Aid is available to those who qualify. Apply today on the FAFSA website and use our school code: 001260.
- Tuition Assistance (TA): First time users are encouraged to speak with the Base Education Center before enrolling into classes to learn how to utilizing TA. Once you have enrolled into your course(s), please contact our office to notify us that you will be utilizing TA. This will prevent you from being dropped for non-payment. You can find more information on our TA webpage.
Step 6: Register for Classes
- You may enroll into your classes at the time of your enrollment appointment or after leading into the next semester. Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and do fill up quickly! ENROLL TODAY!
- To view open classes, use the My Class Finder.
- To enroll into classes, login to your MyPalomar account and follow our Add/Drop Classes instructions.
Step 7: Pay Enrollment Fees
- Enrollment fees can be paid online at MyPalomar or at the Cashier’s Office.
- You must pay for classes within 10 calendar days of registration to avoid being dropped.
- If you are using TA or VA Benefits, please contact our office to avoid being dropped for non-payment.
Step 8: Textbooks
- Textbooks for your classes can be purchased online through the Palomar College Bookstore.
- Free delivery and pick-up is available for our Camp Pendleton Site. When checking out, please set your pick-up location to Camp Pendleton and we will call you when your book has been delivered to our office.
- Reserved textbooks for classes taught on Camp Pendleton are available for use at Patrick J. Carney Library on Mainside- Camp Pendleton.
Step 9: Base Access
Civilian and Veteran students are required to apply for base access if they wish to take classes on Camp Pendleton. This must be completed BEFORE the semester start date. To learn more about base access and to apply, please visit our webpage.