The Career Center has a variety of computerized career assessment “tests” for you to use. The computerized tests are free of charge. Commonly used assessments are:
- Eureka True Colors
- California Careerzone Interest Profiler
- Additionally, COUN-165 (Career Search Class), a one-unit class, you would also take both the MBTI and the STRONG assessment. Please stop by or call the Career Center for more information.
- Career counseling is available by appointment and is available to help students evaluate their interests, talents, and personality to develop academic and career goals.
- New, continuing and prospective students (with a Palomar ID#) can make an appointment with a Career Counselor by calling the Career Center in San Marcos at (760) 744-1150 x2194.
You can visit the various departments on campus and ask them if they have any job openings. Visit the following:
- Bookstore (Follett)
- Cafeteria (Aramark)
- Palomar College Human Resources: Student Employment
- Palomar College Financial Aid (Work-Study)
The Career Center maintains a Job Binder that students can review to see open job listings. These job listings are from local companies. Please check with the Career Center staff to use the Job Binder.
- North County Career Centers
- Palomar College Office of Student Affairs Job Board
- San Diego Workforce Partnership
- Simply Hired
Job Placement Assistance
Click here to complete an information form and you will be contacted to discuss your employment needs! Job Placement Assistance