Skip to Content
Palomar College Learning For Success

Child Development Department

Child development program

Child Development Training Consortium






Who wants free money???


If you can answer YES to at least ONE of the following questions, you may be eligible to receive $$ for taking classes here at Palomar.


  1. Are you currently enrolled in Child Development courses (or GE classes required for a permit or Child Development degree), with the intent to seek a new or maintain a currently held Child Development permit?
  2. Are you employed in the field of child care (working with young children 0-5 years old) in California?
  3. Are you employed as a nanny or a FFN (Family, Friend, or Neighbor) child care provider?


If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, you might be able to qualify for free money this semester. PLEASE apply for the  Educational Support Grant.  


The Child Development Training Consortium is providing funds to reimburse students who meet the guidelines above.  All reimbursements will be made after the semester and amounts vary depending on the number of applications/units submitted for the semester.  In order to be issued a payment, you must pass your classes with a C or better.


If you have applied in the past, there is a new online process for EVERYONE this semester, so if you are a returning student to the program, please be sure to follow the new directions for the Educational Support Grant.  If you have applied in the past, you will no longer need to get your supervisor at work to sign off on the application.  You will self-verify and turn everything in online at the time you apply.  It is REALLY EASY!!


Funds are available for classes taken during the fall and spring semesters only.  There are due dates each semester to apply, usually within the first 4-6 weeks of the semesterIf you have any questions, please feel free to ask Diane Studinka at