Committee/Council Name: BASIC SKILLS COMMITTEE
Meeting Date: 1/15/2015
The following action and discussion took place at the January 15, 2015 meeting of the Basic Skills Committee:
- MS (O’Brien/Feld): Approval of December 2014 Minutes. The motion carried.
- Report from Rosie Antonecchia on the Career Center services and focus.
- Discussion on getting basic skills students involved in the Career Center.
- Report on Learning Communities. For Spring 2015, 12 LC’s planned, 8 LC’s made.
- Discussion on delinking LC’s just before the “W” deadline. Committee agreed with this.
- Report on Village Mentoring; mentors and mentees are continuing their relationships.
- Report on Summer Bridge; for summer 2015 we will have ESL Jam, Math Jam I and Math Jam II.
- Report on FYE: 90% of our fall FYE students returned in spring.
- Report on TLC Escondido on tutoring, hours of operation, workshops and counseling.
- Report on TLC San Marcos on usage, writing tutor availability, workshops, counseling and study room policy.
- Discussion on BSI funding which needs to be spent by June 30.
- Activity to familiarize new members with Basic Skills Committee responsibilities and outcomes.
- Report that the ESL Tutorial Specialist position was GB approved.
Link to full meeting minutes: coming soon