Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council
The following action and discussion took place at the September 24, 2015 meeting of the Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council:
- MS (Miller/Moise): Debbie King from the Foundation presented a five-year pledge from Hunter Industries establishing an endowment of $500,000 in support of the Palomar College Arboretum. A motion was made to accept the donation and advance it to SPC. The motion carried unanimously.
- VP Perez welcomed and introduced new Fiscal Services Director, Carmen Coniglio.
- VP Perez reported a subcommittee of the Budget Committee will meet on the fourth Tuesday of each month for an in depth discussion and analysis of the District’s budget.
- VP Perez reported the interviews for the new President are in progress with an anticipated start date of January 2016.
- VP Perez mentioned that the District is beginning to plan for offerings/schedule/staffing of the South Education Center, opening Fall 2017.
- VP Perez reported the new California Coast Credit Union ATM machine was installed near the Bookstore.
- Chris Miller reported Palomar College won two awards at the Community College Facility Coalition (CCFC); an Award of Excellence for the Humanities Building and an Award of Merit for the Learning Resource Center.
Additional information can be found at the Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council Website: