Palomar College Learning For Success

Comet Information Exchange (CIE)

Connecting Committees and Councils through Communication

Menu

SSPC (10/28/15)

The following action and discussion took place at the October 28, 2015 meeting of the Student Services Planning Council:

ACTION ITEMS/FIRST READING:

  • Members were asked to attain feedback from their constituent groups regarding the SSPC membership to include an AA representative; this item will move to second reading and approval at the next SSPC meeting on November 4, 2015

ACTION ITEMS/SECOND READING:

  • MS (Stockert/Kretchman):  A motion was made to approve Veronica Aguilera as the SSPC Faculty Member assigned to the Student Success and Equity Council

INFORMATION/DISCUSSION:

  • Olga Diaz and Michael Large presented the Student Equity Plan and related data
  • Discussion of the SSPC membership will continue at the next SSEC meeting
  • Enrollment Discussions continued regarding retaining students and increasing enrollment
  • Report that Student Services PRP’s are due November 6, 2015
  • Report that SPPF Allocations will be split with 75% of the funding being used for a large institutional project and the remaining 25% for individual applicants to address the strategic plan
  • Report that the Campus Police Committee is looking for a chairperson for this committee
  • Report on staffing updates
  • Report that Palomar College will be joining the M2C3 Consortium

Additional information can be found at the Student Services Planning Council Website:

http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/sspc/