The following discussion took place at the October 28, 2015 meeting of the Instructional Planning Council:
- Minutes from the September 23rd and October 14th meeting were approved.
- Dean Kahn reviewed the SWOT Analysis results and the IPC goals established through this process. Dean Sivert proposed the addition of one more goal. The council approved the goals with the addition by Dean Sivert.
- Dean Kahn demonstrated how to access the 2015-16 PRP forms online and answered questions regarding the process. Forms, instructions and due dates can be accessed at https://sharepoint2.palomar.edu/sites/IRPA/SitePages/Program%20Review%20and%20Planning.aspx.
- Dean Kahn lead a discussion regarding Enrollment as the council reviewed the summary results of the Enrollment SWOT Analysis and the Top 10 Programs to Promote exercises conducted at the last meeting. The members discussed the possibility of having a team of faculty work with Interim VP Sourbeer to help address some of the Enrollment issues.
- Dean Kahn announced there would be a South Center Community Forum tonight, October 28th, at Mount Carmel High School Gymnasium, as part of the EIR process.
- Mollie Smith updated the council on the Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG 104) and Career Pathways.
- Dean Sivert demonstrated how to access the Comet Information Exchange (CIE). This is a web-based blog which has been designed to be a one-stop shop for Palomar information. Rather than receiving email highlights from all the different meetings, all highlights would be posted on this website, with links to the complete minutes. An additional benefit of this format is that “TAGS” are located on the left side of the home screen. The larger the word, the more posts regarding that subject. You can click on the tag and it will bring up all the related conversations. The site can be accessed at http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/cie. Dean Sivert encouraged the council to get the word out regarding this resource.
- The Council would like to propose more interconnection between councils. This would be the idea of the CIE, but in a face-to-face format.
Additional information can be found at the Instructional Planning Council Website: