Instructional Planning Council
The following discussion took place at the December 9, 2015 meeting of the Instructional Planning Council:
• At the request of Interim VP Sourbeer, the council endorsed a change to the posting (Priority #4) on the Faculty Hiring List from “Physical Science” to “Physical Science/Physics”.
• Interim VP Sourbeer commented on the failed Presidential search, indicating the process would be starting over in the spring. The Board will meet in January to discuss next steps with a goal to have a new President in place by July 1, 2016.
• Interim VP Sourbeer then outlined how he expected the district to move forward in a number of areas this spring including: filling administrative gaps; initiating some level of reorganization; continuing South Center planning; and, reengaging the community in a number of ways. He further discussed the decline in Enrollment, the budgetary consequences, and possible strategies to reverse this trend.
• The PRP process was discussed and Interim VP Sourbeer expressed the need for the PRP workgroup to begin their analysis of the process in early spring and work on recommendations for the future.
• Interim VP Sourbeer announced Interim Dean, CTEE, Paul Kelly will be finishing his service with the District this month and thanked him for his leadership.
Additional information can be found at the Instructional Planning Council Website: