Committee/Council Name: BASIC SKILLS COMMITTEE
Meeting Date: 04/21/2016
The following action and discussion took place at the April 21, 2016 meeting of the Basic Skills Committee:
- Report on how Basic Skills courses are coded.
- Report on the direction of Learning Communities in the future. More research needs to be done to create a successful program.
- The Committee approved a 7-member subcommittee to review the Funding Requests: 5 committee members along with the two co-chairs. The co-chairs will vote in case of a tie only.
- Report on Summer Bridge: Write On is closed, Math Jam is closed, ESL Jam at Escondido has healthy enrollment, ESL Jam at San Marcos has increasing enrollment.
- Report on FYE 2016 enrollment; 110 applications received so far.
- The Committee had come up with six (6) long-term goals for the Basic Skills Action Plan; only five are allowed. Two goals were combined into one. The Committee will vote on the goals at the first meeting of the fall 2016 semester.
- The Committee agreed to use the funding evaluation rubric on a trial basis for the fall 2016 submissions, and adjust the rubric based on that experience.
Link to full meeting minutes: http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/bsi-hsi/agendaminutes/