The following discussion took place at the May 11, 2016 meeting of the Instructional Planning Council:
- Interim VP Sourbeer solicited questions/comments regarding the PRP priorities as recommended by the Division deans. The priorities were unanimously approved by the council.
- Interim VP Sourbeer mentioned that accreditation work will continue over the summer.
- Interim Dean Blanchard distributed a handout showing Palomar faculty that have committed to participating in the summer AEBG curriculum alignment project. Discussion centered around noncredit courses and their various applications ensued.
- Interim VP Sourbeer announced that the Superintendent/President Search Committee has selected finalists and forums will be held next Wednesday, May 18th in the Howard Brubeck Theatre
- Interim VP Sourbeer mentioned that a marketing company was interviewed and a decision should be forthcoming soon. · Faculty hiring is progressing and all committees should finish their work within a week of graduation.
- Margie Fritch, currently at SD Mesa CC, has accepted Palomar’s offer to become the new permanent CTEE Dean, starting on July 1st. The process of hiring a permanent AMBCS Dean will begin soon.
- Michael Mufson announced there will be a concert hour/student honors recital as well as an awards ceremony tomorrow, May 12th. In addition, the Palomar Symphony & Chorale will have a combined performance on Friday, May 13th & Saturday, May 14th. The Palomar Pacific Coast Concert Band will perform on Sunday, May 15th.