The following took place at the February 9, 2017 meeting of the Finance and Administrative Services Planning Council:
- A motion to approve the Technology Master Plan was carried out by unanimous vote.
- VP Perez was absent so Connie Moise reported on his behalf.
- There was a data breach on payroll data. The breach is under criminal investigation and the District is working with law enforcement to identify the perpetrator.
- The Administration is working on the preliminary staffing plans for the North and South Education Centers. The centers are scheduled to open by summer 2018.
- The Groundbreaking Ceremony for the South Ed Center will be on Friday, March 3, 2017.
- Bond sale for the last series of bonds in the amount of $139M.
- Chris Miller reported security cameras will be installed at NB Behavioral Health and the Health Center. The cameras will only be in the hallway for security reasons and not on an employee’s workstation.
- Chris Miller reported the District will be leasing an offsite parking lot for students. We will have a shuttle to transport students to the San Marcos campus. This will make up for the loss of student parking once Lot 12 and the temporary parking lot close for construction.
- Carmen Coniglio reported the District’s annual audit was clean with no findings. We received one recommendation to limit the use of Cal-Cards as they expose us to a lot of financial risk.
- Connie Moise reported the mobile app is in the Android and Apple store but still not available for download. Oracle, the mobile vendor and IS are working diligently to resolve one problem before releasing it.
Meeting was adjourned at 3:02 p.m.
Full meeting minutes, once approved, can be found at the Finance and Administrative Services Planning council website: http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/faspc/