- Earns college credit for working in the job field related to his/her career or educational goals.
- Has the opportunity to earn money while learning.
- Learns what work in the related career field is all about.
- Increases employability and earning power.
- Increases the potential to advance within the career field.
- Provides a direct relationship between the classroom and employment.
- Provides an opportunity to know potential career employees.
- Creates a resource of trained personnel.
- Reduces the cost of employee turnover by having trained personnel available.
- Makes a unique contribution to the extension of the community’s educational facilities.
- Has the opportunity to hire highly motivated students whose career objectives are directly related to the job.
- Has the opportunity to respond to the specific needs of the community.
- Has closer contact with the community.
- Gains additional insights to the classroom situation as a result of the cooperative education student maturing on the job.
Email: CoopEd@palomar.edu ; Phone: (760) 744-1150 x 2354 ; Fax: (760) 761-3503 ; Rooms P8D and P8E