Palomar College is pleased to invite local companies to participate in the Palomar College Internship Program. If your company would like to post a job announcement, you can do so through the Career Center. Internship information is below:
Internships are a win-win-win for students, local companies, and Palomar College.
Internships can help your company:
- Build its talent pipeline while creating meaningful on-the-job learning opportunities for students.
- Increase productivity
- Evaluate prospective employees under real working conditions
- Reduce recruitment and training costs
- Improve retention
- Palomar College covers the Worker’s Compensation Insurance for unpaid interns
- Students earn course credit through Cooperative Education classes
To be an internship host, your company must be willing to:
- Provide an opportunity for the student to learn new skills
- Work with the student to set 3 learning objectives
- Provide training, guidance, mentorship, and constructive feedback to the student
- Participate in a brief site visit (10 minutes) with an instructor from Palomar College during the semester
- Sign off on brief monthly reports prepared by the student
Internship start/end dates Palomar College offers internship courses Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Internship courses start at the beginning of the semester, four weeks in, or half-way through the semester to coincide with class start dates. Please see below for semester dates for the upcoming year here.
To get started, please:
- Complete the Internship Announcement Form.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Cooperative Education Department at 760.744.1150 x2354
Email: CoopEd@palomar.edu ; Phone: (760) 744-1150 x 2354 ; Fax: (760) 761-3503 ; Rooms P8D and P8E