Quick Tips on the Application
- Here are some quick tips on how to complete the application for Palomar College.
palomar application Presentation
WHAT GENERAL EDUCATION CLASSES DO I TAKE?
Start with General Education coursework according to whether you want an Associate degree, or want to transfer to the CSU, or transfer to the UC. Certificates do not require general education coursework.
WHAT CLASSES DO I TAKE FOR MY MAJOR?
If you want . . .
- An Associate degree, then look for coursework for your major in the Palomar Pathways Mapper tool.
- To transfer to the CSU, then see if Palomar has an Associate Degree for Transfer for your major; then, find that degree in the Palomar Pathways Mapper tool.
- To transfer to the UC or if you do not see your CSU major in the list of Associate Degrees for Transfer, then refer to ASSIST.org for coursework for your major.
- To transfer out of state or to a private university, see if Palomar has an articulation agreement with the university.
The faculty and staff in the Counseling Division at Palomar College stand against racism and discrimination. We support the efforts of Black Lives Matter in bringing awareness to police brutality and we will not tolerate history continually repeating itself with respect to systematic and institutional discrimination.
“Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported…we acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities…we work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.” (BLM, 2020)
We will continue to support an environment of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We will continue to stand in solidarity with Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) to combat racial marginalization and oppression. We are here to listen, learn, and support by providing personal counseling for anyone who has been impacted.
Palomar College Counseling Division