Types of Appointments
- Education Planning
- Transcript Review
- Financial Aid Appeals
- Academic Probation/Dismissal
- Personal Counseling
- Career Development and Exploration
Quick Question Phone Sessions are for:
- Quick questions that can be answered in 15 MINUTES OR LESS
- Information not found on the Counseling FAQ webpage.
- Conducted over the phone only
Group Sessions are for:
- Assistance with selecting courses for the semester
- Students with less than 15 units and no transcripts from other colleges
- Conducted via live Zoom session. A form will be provided for you to complete to assist the counselor in creating an education plan for you.
One-on-One Counseling Appointments
- Palomar student email address is required to book an appointment.
- Counseling is available by phone or online via Zoom. Online appointments are recommended for better understanding.
- Must have access to a device, preferably a laptop or desktop, whether on a phone or online appointment.
- You will receive a reminder of your appointment via text or your Palomar email.
- Have your Palomar email open during your appointment time in case of connectivity issues.
- Zoom download is required for online appointments. Camera not required.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom appointment information.
- Review How to Prepare for Your Online Counseling Appointment.
Schedule a counseling appointment by doing the following:
You may request a phone or online appointment. Online appointments are recommended for better understanding. Ask for a full appointment or a group session for newer students with less than 15 units.
2. Schedule your own Zoom appointment or 15-minute quick question phone session through our online system.
Click on one of the buttons below to review the terms and agreement page to schedule your own appointment. If you do not see any appointments, then all appointments have been booked, and we recommend checking back tomorrow morning or calling the front desk.