If you received a letter about your academic standing, read what to do next below. For a description of each level, click on the level in red.
No action required at this time. You are strongly encouraged to meet with a counselor for advisement. Take a look at these student success tips.
You are required to attend a Success Workshop online or in person. An enrollment hold will be placed on your record until you have fulfilled this requirement. Follow directions below:
Success Workshop Online
- Access the online workshop by clicking on this direct link.
- Enter your first name, last name, and student ID. All information must be correct to receive credit.
- Holds will be release within 48 hours of successful completion of the workshop.
Success Workshop In-Person (temporarily suspended)
- Make an appointment online for an in-person Success Workshop. All appointments will be held in SSC-1 (Governing Board room on the main campus) unless indicated otherwise.
- Bring your letter of academic standing to the workshop for verification of status (Probation 1, 2, or Dismissal).
- Be on time to the workshop! If you are late to the workshop, you will need to reschedule your appointment. Children are not allowed in the probation workshops.
- Holds will be released within 48 hours of completion of the workshop
No action required. While you have successfully completed your coursework, your overall record remains below standards.
You are required to sit-out for one semester (fall semester) before petitioning to re-enroll. Petitions for Reinstatement are available in the Evaluations Office, and may be submitted following your semester absence. Holds will be released beginning in November.
Follow directions below:
- Sit-out (do not enroll in classes) for one semester (fall or spring) at Palomar College. Summers are not included as a term to sit-out. You may attend summer, but you are strongly urged to meet with a counselor for advisement.
- Obtain a “Petition for Reinstatement” form from the Evaluations Office (SSC-40) during the semester you sit-out. Fill out the petition and submit it to the Evaluations Office.
- Holds will be released in November prior to Spring re-enrollment (reinstatement). To view classes that are open now, look for the “Open Classes” link on the homepage. You may need to crash your courses for the semester.