Status as of June 15
- As of June 15, the stay-at-home order in California ends and new guidelines on physical distancing, facial coverings, and capacity limitations for businesses begin.
- On June 17, Cal-OSHA is scheduled to approve guidance for employers. Once this guidance is published, the College will issue an update to employees and students.
- On July 6, the Governing Board will conduct a second reading of recommended revisions to BP/AP 5210 Communicable Disease (students) and BP/AP 7330 Communicable Disease (employees) to give the District the ability to create a Vaccination and Immunization Plan in the event of an epidemic or pandemic.
- The collective bargaining negotiation process to discuss the impacts of BP/AP 5210 and BP/AP 7330 on working conditions, including legal exemptions from a vaccine mandate, are underway.
- Our facilities department partnered with an engineering firm to do an analysis of air quality and HVAC systems in all campus and education center buildings. All required repairs and upgrades will be complete by the end of summer.
- Every department was asked to submit Summer 2021 and/or Fall 2021 Return to Work plans to our Emergency Operations Center.
- On June 4, the Emergency Operations Center and Policy Team reviewed and finalized all of the plans received to date.
- Our technology team is installing required audio visual equipment in conference rooms and in some classrooms for continued ZOOM usage.
- We will continue to ensure access to vaccines for students and employees.
- We will determine the most efficient and effective approach to COVID-19 testing on campus.
- We are in the process of determining the most efficient and effective approach to collecting the appropriate data on vaccinations while abiding by HIPAA requirements.
- We will modify the campus Return to Campus plan as relevant guidance is gained from federal, state and regional public health agencies.
Please visit this page frequently as updates to our plan are made available regularly.