The leadership of Palomar College strongly encourages all employees and students to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. To aid in our planning for future semesters, we are asking employees to voluntarily provide a record of COVID-19 vaccine completion. There is more information on how to do so here. The College also issued communication regarding paid time off for vaccinations.
There are a number of sources for COVID-19 vaccinations.
- The San Diego County Public Health website contains information on appointments and locations of vaccination super stations, smaller centers and pods.
- The MyTurnCA is the site that you will use to schedule an appointment at any of the Department of Health funded vaccination sites.
- There is now a vaccination site at Viejas Arena at SDSU and another at the Mexican Consulate. See info here.
- The Riverside County Public Health department is also a great resource if you live in Riverside County. You will need to show proof of residence. Here is the link for details.
- If you have health insurance with Kaiser, vaccine information can be found at kp.org/covidvaccine. The Kaiser appointment line is Appointment Center at 1-833-KP4CARE, or call the 24/7 recorded message hotline at 1‑855‑550‑0951 (available in English and Spanish) for regular updates.
- The VaccinateCA website is another source of information on vaccination sites.
- There are many pharmacy and grocery chains offering COVID-19 vaccination appointments. These sites may have a more flexible schedule of appointments. Costco is offering vaccination appointments for a limited time between April 5 – April 16. Please click the name of the resource below to learn the details of each site. You may also find additional information on participating pharmacies here.
• Rite Aid
- You may also want to check with your primary care provider to determine if they have vaccines available.
- San Diego Vaccine Angels is an organization that is helping people find vaccine appointments. Individuals needing assistance must complete a request form, available at their website SDVaccineAngels.org, or you can reach them via phone or text at 858-217-5864. Please be sure to leave your contact information in your voice mail and/or text.
Here are the links to the educational presentations on vaccines that we have hosted during our weekly COVID-19 Campus Update meetings. All presentations are available on the 3PDPortal.
February 11, 2021: COVID-19 Vaccine Overview (includes review of available and upcoming vaccines, and information regarding their effectiveness and safety), with presenters, Sarah Adams, Dr. Khamoosian, and Dr. Savaiano. This presentation begins at 18:20 – 59:48: Click here to start the presentation
February 16, 2021: A presentation from, Dr. Andrew Geall, a pioneer and leading scientist for mRNA technology, and COVID-19 vaccines. Click here to start the presentation
February 18, 2021: Assessing the Risks of Social Interactions for Transmitting COVID-19, with presenter, Dr. Lesley Blankenship-Williams. This presentation begins at 23:31 – 01:14:13: Click here to start the presentation
March 18, 2021: Professor Jacob Shiba updated us on how the water industry is ensuring our water is safe from COVID-19. The presentation begins at 17:48. Click here to start the presentation