PALOMAR COLLEGE & CCCCO CPL RESOURCES
- Bay Area Veteran’s Program Presentation Slides – Sept 25, 2020
- Plenary Fall 2020 CPL Presentation Slides – Aug 2020
- CCCCO CPL Webinar Slides_ver 2_8-17-20
- CCCCO Webinar on CPL Policy and Implementation (8/18/2020)
CPL Tools and Policies
- CCCCO and Success Center CPL Toolkit
- CPL Board Policy: BP4235
- CPL Administrative Procedure: AP4235
- CCCCO Guidance System Memorandum ESS 20-300-001 Credit for Prior Learning
- CPL BOG Policy Title V §55050
- PC CPL RUBRIC final This Palomar College CPL rubric is intended for use with portfolio assessment. It can be modified to fit a department’s needs.
- TEMPLATE Palomar College CPL Inventory This spreadsheet is designed to help faculty create an inventory of CPL courses within their discipline.
- Credit-by-Exam2020 form
- Articulation website: AP, IB, CLEP, DANTES, and DLPT
- CPL Coordinator Job Duties This is an evolving list of job duties for the CPL Coordinator position at Palomar College.
- ACE Military Guide
ADDITIONAL OUTSIDE RESOURCES
- PLA Boost Report CAEL WICHE – October 2020
- ASCCC: Credit for Prior Learning as an Equity Lever
- ACCJC Policy-on-Credit-for-Prior-Learning_June-2020
- Recognition of Learning Tool Box Collaborative efforts provided by the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment for the Learning Recognition Collaborative – an online repository to assist colleges in the recognition of learning.
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) Prior Learning Assessment
- Prior Learning Assessment Inside Out: An International Journal on Theory, Research and Practice in Prior learning Assessment
- Lumina Foundation: America’s Call for Higher Education Redesign 75% of Americans would be more likely to enroll in Higher Ed if they could be evaluated and receive credit for what they know.
- CAEL Fueling the Race for Postsecondary Success Longitudinal study of PLA outcomes: shows increased graduation rates and persistence and does not discriminate!
- Joint statement on the transfer and award of credit for AACRAO, ACE and CHEA
OCT 4, 2019 ACE WORKSHOP HANDOUTS
- ACE: American Council on Education website
- ACE Palomar Site Training slide presentation – Terence Nelson
- 7-ACE Evaluator Military Programs Flyer
- ACE Military Eval Overview
- Ace Evaluation Terms and Definitions
- Military CPL CSU Policy
- VCAT Faculty Panel Feedback
- Faculty Training and Articulation Workshop
At this faculty-driven workshop held on October 4th, 2019 at the Palomar College Rancho Bernardo Center, attendees learned about Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) and how they could help students get credit for what they already know and can do, saving them time and money on their educational path. This workshop also looked specifically at the military evaluations review process.
Hosted by Palomar College and sponsored by Saddleback College and the American Council on Education (ACE) & V-CAT Innovation Award