My name is Keith Fernandez, and I am the manager for Network and Cyber Security services for the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.
We are currently recruiting for our Student Worker (SW) position and I would like to invite any students in your Computer Science programs who may be interested to apply.
We have found some of our best SW outcomes from community college students who are transferring to a 4 year, in part because they can work in the County for a few years gathering strong skillsets to land them full-time jobs either in the County or within private industry.
Our SW positions are paid positions that can expose SW employees to several different information technology domains including programming, application development, PC maintenance, networking, cybersecurity, infrastructure, cloud, and data center operations. Below are highlighted point on the positions and a link to the County of San Diego jobs website which details the position and pay structure.
· Great hands-on learning opportunity with cutting edge large enterprise technologies
· Pay rate increases with units completed
· Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
· Can work up to 20 hours a week during class, and 40 during breaks
· Must pass a background investigation (don’t need to be a saint, just honest)
· If hired into a full-time position after graduation can purchase SW worked time for credit in the pension system
A background investigation is required for student workers, with the benefit being they can be hired by the Sheriff’s Department or any other County department with no further background checks required. Please let me know if you have any questions about the opportunity. Please have interested students send their resumes to me. Thank you.
Network / Cyber Security Manager
Phone: 858-256-2102 | Mobile: 858-692-9075
SAN DIEGO COUNTY