Test accommodations are approved and provided on a case-by case basis to students with documented disabilities. Frequently used test accommodations include extended time, distraction reduced environment, or use of a computer to take a test. It is important that you plan well in advance of your first test so that you have what you need on the day of the exam.
Once you have received approval from a DRC counselor follow these simple steps:
- Request Accommodation Form for each course via MyDRC. Provided online are instructions on how to request accommodation letter(s).
- Print form(s) from MyDRC or pick up from the DRC office 3 business days after submission.
- Have course instructor sign the form(s) and return to you.
- Return signed form(s) to the DRC and get a copy for your records.
- Review the DRC’s Student Test Accommodation Agreement.
BEFORE EACH EXAM
- Request an exam appointment three (3) business days in advanced and two weeks in advanced for exams held the last two weeks of the semester via MyDRC. Provided online are instructions on how to request an appointment.
- Appointments are tentative until approved by the Testing Center Coordinator and Instructor. Check MyDRC for appointment confirmation.
DAY OF EXAM
- Arrive early to your exam appointment.
- Be prepared to present the proctor a picture ID.
- Bring approved testing items, ex. pencil, scantron, blue book, etc.