Test accommodations are approved and provided on a case-by case basis to students with documented disabilities. Frequently used test accommodations include extended time, distraction reduced environment, or use of a computer to take a test. It is important that you plan well in advance of your first test so that you have what you need on the day of the exam.
Once you have received approval from a DRC counselor follow these simple steps:
BEFORE OR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMESTER
- Request Accommodation Forms.
- Pick up completed Accommodation forms from the DRC office 3 business days after submission.
- Have professors sign and date each form.
- Return Accommodation Forms to the DRC and get a copy for your records.
- Review the DRC’s Student Test Accommodation Policy and Procedures
BEFORE EACH QUIZ OR TEST
- Schedule your testing appointment five (5) days in advanced (and two weeks in advance for exams held the last week of the semester) by completing the online Exam Appointment Request
- Get a blue envelope for test and fill out top portion (name and ID#).
- Give the blue envelope to your professor and ask him/her to fill out the bottom portion.
- Check in with the testing staff 24 hours before your test appointment to make sure your test has been submitted to the DRC Testing Center (NA-2).
DAY OF QUIZ OR TEST
- Arrive early to your testing appointment at the DRC Testing Center (NA-2).
- Be prepared! Bring any items you will need and are allowed for your test.
- Get plenty of rest the night before.