Test accommodations are approved and provided on a case-by case basis to students with documented disabilities. Frequently used test accommodations include extended time, distraction reduced environment, or use of a computer to take a test. It is important that you plan well in advance of your first test so that you have what you need on the day of the exam.
Once you have received approval from a DRC counselor follow these simple steps:
BEFORE OR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMESTER
- Request Accommodation Forms.
- Pick up completed Accommodation forms from the DRC office 3 business days after submission.
- Have professors sign and date each form.
- Return Accommodation Forms to the DRC and get a copy for your records.
- Review the DRC’s Student Test Accommodation Policy and Procedures
BEFORE EACH QUIZ OR TEST
- Schedule your testing appointment five (5) business days in advanced (and two weeks in advance for exams held the last week of the semester) by completing the online Exam Appointment Request
- Get a blue envelope for test and fill out top portion (name and ID#).
- Give the blue envelope to your professor and ask him/her to fill out the bottom portion.
- Check in with the testing staff 24 hours before your test appointment to make sure your test has been submitted to the DRC Testing Center (NA-2).
DAY OF QUIZ OR TEST
- Arrive early to your testing appointment at the DRC Testing Center (NA-2).
- Be prepared! Bring any items you will need and are allowed for your test.
- Get plenty of rest the night before.