Plan ahead when applying for disability-related services and accommodations. Allow for a minimum of two weeks to schedule an initial welcome appointment with a DRC counselor. A welcome appointment is a one-hour appointment (now offered via phone or zoom video conference) and is needed before accommodations and services such as extended testing time, note taking services, etc. can be authorized.
Steps to Apply for Services
- Apply for admission to Palomar College
Go to www.palomar.edu and click on the red “apply” button for access to the online college application, (remember to write down your new Palomar ID #).
- Fill out and sign the DRC application
Fill out the DRC Application (online form) or DRC Application (print document) by following either of the links provided. You can find the online and printable DRC Application later under the “DRC Forms” section of the website. If you choose to fill out the DRC Application (online form) you can skip steps 3 and 4 as they are included in the online form.
- Obtain verification
Students are responsible for providing Verification of Disability documentation. Access a verification of disability form from the “DRC Forms” section of the website or obtain documentation from one of the following:
- Medical Provider
- Clinician (Psychiatrist, Psychologist, LCW, MFT)
- Learning Disability Specialist
- School District (i.e. Psychological Educational Report, IEP)
Such documentation should include information such as the following:
- Student’s Full Name
- Diagnosis (i.e. specific learning disability; ADHD; fibromyalgia; migraines; etc.)
- Name and certification/credentials/license of the professional
- Name of the organization/entity (e.g. San Marcos Unified School District; Family Care Medical Practice; Veteran Affairs)
- Listing of the functional limitations of the diagnosis (e.g. difficulty walking, seeing, hearing, etc.)
- If you have an IEP or 504, also submit any related psychoeducational testing or reports.
- Fax, e-mail, or mail completed documents:
Mail: ATTN: Palomar College DRC
1140 West Mission Rd.
San Marcos, CA 92069
- Once all documents have been submitted:
A DRC Counselor or Director will review the verification of disability documents. A DRC Front Office Professional will then contact you within three business days, or 72 hours, to request any missing documents or to schedule the welcome appointment.
- Setup Your Palomar E-Mail:
E-mail Set Up: https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/enrollmentservices/email/
- Download the Palomar College App on your smart phone (if there is access to a smart phone):
Click here to download the Palomar College iPhone or iPad app.
Click here to download the Android version from Google Play.
- Visit the DRC and Enrollment Services
Both the DRC and Enrollment Services websites have valuable information and important tools on how to be a successful student.
DRC Website: Services and accommodations
Enrollment Services Website: Enroll in classes, setup MyPalomar, Financial Aid, and more
- Watch our Getting Ready for College videos
Click here to visit our page
Click here to visit our YouTube channel
Questions? Please contact us at:
Phone: (760) 593-7230