The Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee assists the District in achieving understanding and support of faculty and staff diversity and equal employment opportunity programs.
- assists in developing the District’s Faculty and Staff Diversity Plan in compliance with state and federal regulations, statutes, and guidelines;
- monitors the implementation and progress of the Equal Employment Opportunity Plan and recommends corrective action when necessary;
- advises the Vice President of Human Resource Services in the development and presentation of annual reports to the Governing Board and Superintendent/President and responds to equal employment inquiries and concerns of all employees;
- assists the Vice President of Human Resource Services in developing and coordinating information programs for District employees;
- reviews and suggests revisions in services, employment policies, and other written and unwritten rules, policies, practices, and procedures that affect persons with disabilities;
- monitors the implementation and compliance of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The Committee meets on the first Thursday of the month from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Committee makes recommendations to develop the EEO Plan.
The EEO Advisory Committee reports to the Human Resource Services Planning Council and is chaired by the Vice President for Human Resource Services.