Acceptance into the Paramedic Program is a competitive process. Students will be ranked based on four separate testing criteria:
- Oral Interview
- Math and Medical terminology written test
- EMT comprehensive written test
- EMS Simulation
Class 57 Application available: March 5, 2020
Link to the application HERE
For students who have previously applied and were unsuccessful completing the program, please use THIS application
*Repeat students are responsible for making sure any outdated information from prior application packets are resubmitted and up-to-date (i.e. letters of recommendation, cards with expiration dates, etc.)
Application deadline: April 16, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Paramedic Written Entrance Exam Testing dates:
Applicants must show up to ONE of the following testing dates. The EME staff will not be scheduling dates:
- April 17, 2020– Palomar College Escondido Center – Room # 700 at 9:00 am
- April 24, 2020– Palomar College Escondido Center – Room # 700 at 9:00 am
*YOU WILL HAVE 4 HOURS TO COMPLETE THE EXAM. Make sure you purchase a parking pass as Campus Police will be citing.
Oral Interview and Simulation dates:
Applicants will schedule their Oral Interview the day of their Entrance Exam with an EME staff member. Schedule/attend one day only. Interviews will run throughout the day starting at 8:30am.
- April 28, 2020
- May 1, 2020
Oral Interviews Location: Palomar College Escondido Center Room ESC-808 @individually scheduled times
*Depending on the number of applicants, another interview day may be added.
**Starting 2020 (Class 57), the minimum required hours of PAID work experience have been increased from 1040 to 2000 hours. As we are given updated information, we will post it here**
After submitting the online application, the following items must be submitted to the EME Department:
- High School graduate (or equivalent). This is waived if you have an A.A Degree or above. Please provide Official College Transcripts showing degrees earned. This includes from Palomar College. You may order them sent to Attn: EME Department
- Valid California EMT-B certification or National Registry EMT license
- AHA Health Care Provider CPR Card or equivalent – must remain valid and current for duration of program
- Valid Driver’s License – must remain valid and current for duration of program
- Minimum of 2000 hours of paid work experience as an EMT in these areas: Private ambulance, Fire Department, Lifeguarding, Navy Corpsman, Emergency Room, etc.
- Original letter of work verification from your employer(s) sign and dated on letterhead
- Three original professional letters of reference, signed and dated (One personal letter may be submitted, but not from a family member)
- Two 2×2″ passport photos
- Completion of a college level Intro to Anatomy & Physiology course from an accredited college or University with a grade of “C” or better (BIO-145 at Palomar College, formerly ZOO-145).
- Completion of Paramedic Preparation (EME-175, EME-175 Lab) with a grade of “B” or better