Skip to Content
Palomar College Learning For Success

Enrollment Services

Admissions * Evaluations * Records * International Education * Transcripts

Search Results for: apply

CCC Apply

California uses a statewide account system called OpenCCC to give students a single sign-on location from which to apply to any community college in the state. To apply to Palomar you must have an account in this system.
Notice: International students cannot create an OpenCCC account and must apply through the International Student Program (linked here).


Who must submit a new application?

  1. New students
  2. Returning students who have not attended Palomar College for two consecutive semesters (one year).  When completing your application update ensure that you enter your current Palomar ID when prompted

Notice: OpenCCC is separate from your existing student account.


On the following page you will be asked to access OpenCCC. If you do not have an account, click the ‘Create an Account’ to be taken to the Create Your OpenCCC Account page. From here, click ‘Begin Creating My Account’ and follow the instructions.

Once you have created your account. You must still apply to Palomar College. From the ‘My Applications’ page within CCCApply select the option to ‘Start A New Application’ to do so.




Registration Assistance


Attend Palomar College Registration Assistance and get to know us!

Palomar College is offering three 60-minute Registration Assistance webinars featuring members of our Registration Office, Financial Aid Office and Evaluation/Assessment Office and Live Q&A.


Registration Assistance Event – Online via Zoom
Registration Assistance Form Below (Click on “Registration is Open”)
Tuesday, August 18, 2020:                   1:30 PM -2:30 PM                 Registration is open
Wednesday, August 19, 2020:            4:00 PM – 5:00 PM              Registration is open
Thursday, August 20, 2020:                12:00 PM – 1:00 PM              Registration is open


Why come to Registration Assistance Webinar?

  • Enroll for Fall 2020 classes
  • Meet with our staff members
  • General information on accessing MyPalomar, finding open classes, submitting transcripts, and how to apply for financial aid
  • Live Q&A

*Hot Tip*

Are you a new Palomar College student or returning after not attending one semester? Complete this first step now! Classes begin August 24th!
Step 1: Apply Online


*Watch your email account for your check-in time, Zoom Meeting ID# and password.

*If you need assistance finding the specific course you are needing to take for your major, sign up for an education planning session.

New Students – Updated

Welcome to Palomar College!

Palomar Powered Enrollment

We are excited to have you join the Palomar Powered community! To apply and enroll in classes, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Apply Online

Questions? Call the Admissions Office at (760) 744-1150, ext. 2164

Apply online at You will receive your Palomar Student ID number when your application is complete. Set up your student email and download the Palomar College Mobile app to add/drop classes, pay fees, and find your textbooks.

Step 2: Complete New Student Orientation

Questions? Call the Orientation & Follow-Up Services Office at (760) 744-1150, ext. 3783

Orientation is mandatory for new students. Visit to complete your orientation online or to sign up for an in-person orientation.

Step 3: Review Your Placement

Questions? Call the Assessment Center at (760) 744-1150, ext. 2476

English, reading, and math placement is determined using information provided on your application. Review your placement by logging in to the MyPalomar student portal.

Step 4: Develop an Education Plan

Contact the Counseling Department at (760) 891-7511 to schedule an appointment.

Meet with an Academic Counselor to develop an education plan and select the appropriate classes for your educational goal. Sign up for a group education planning session at or contact the Counseling Department at (760) 891-7511 to schedule a one-on-one appointment with a counselor.

Step 5: Apply for Financial Aid

Questions? Call the Financial Aid Office at (760) 744-1150, ext. 2366

Complete the FAFSA or the California Dream Act application. Our school code is 001260. Apply for the California College Promise Grant at MyPalomar and submit any required financial aid documents to the Financial Aid Office.

Register for classes on eServices/MyPalomar (Click here for instructions).
You can also attend Discover Palomar in June 2018 for priority registration or for help completing any of your steps to enroll. Learn more about why you should attend Discover Palomar at

Enrollment fees can be paid online at MyPalomar or at the Cashier’s Office.
*You must pay for classes within 10 calendar days of registration to avoid being dropped.

Preferred Name

Palomar College is beginning a phased implementation of the Preferred name Policy in Fall 2018. The goal of the Preferred Name policy is a consistent preferred name experience across College systems and use of one’s preferred name wherever legal name is not absolutely necessary.

Preferred First and Middle Name Background

Palomar College has established a preferred first and/or middle name policy that allows eligible students, faculty and staff to indicate their preferred first name to the college community regardless of whether they have legally changed their name.


It is the policy of Palomar College that any faculty, staff, or student may choose to identify themselves within the college community with a preferred first and/or middle name that differs from their legal name.

As long as the use of the preferred first and/or middle name is not for the purpose of misrepresentation, it will appear instead of the person’s legal name in college related systems and documents except where the use of the legal name is required by college business or legal need.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to enter a preferred name?

  • No you do not have to enter a preferred name. This is there as a service for people who wish to be known by something other than their primary/legal name. If you regularly use your primary/legal name then please do not enter a preferred name. If you enter a preferred name that matches your primary/legal name the preferred name will not be displayed.

Can I use my preferred name for everything at the College?

  • Preferred name will only be used in cases where legal name is not absolutely necessary. Examples of where your primary/legal name are necessary include, but are not limited to, financial aid documents, payroll, official transcripts, diplomas, and federal immigration documents. In some cases if you indicate a preferred name, it may be necessary to clarify that your preferred name is different that your legal/primary name. Examples of this include, but are not limited to, official interactions with police, security, and/or law enforcement, and verification of medical records.
  • In some cases like class rosters, your preferred name may appear alongside your legal/primary name. This is to ensure that professors and instructors can verify attendance and record grades accurately. There are many different information systems across campus, it is the responsibility of the system owner to update their system to use preferred name.

How many times can I change my Preferred Name?

  • Changing your primary/legal name in the College systems to a preferred name can have ripple effects throughout your day-to-day experiences. Changing your preferred name more than once can lead to confusion regarding your identity, challenges in customer service, and/or the interruption of your ability to access some college system.

 Can I change my preferred name to whatever I want?

  • Preferred names are limited to alphabetical characters (A-Z and a-z), a space or hyphen (-). Your preferred name will appear exactly as you enter it in the portal.
  • It is a violation of the Palomar College Preferred Name Policy to indicate a preferred name for the purposes of misrepresentation or fraud. Fraud and misrepresentation may also violate Palomar College Student Code of Conduct.
  • Once entered, a user’s preferred name may take up to 48 hours to reach affected systems. New preferred names are reviewed each weekday by a member of the Preferred Name Team.

What happens if someone enters an inappropriate preferred name?

Any preferred names that may be deemed by a reasonable person to be an attempt at misrepresentation, fraud, or interpreted as offensive will be removed by a member of the Preferred Name Team. As a result of the removal of the potentially inappropriate preferred name:

  • A user’s primary/legal name will return as the default name displayed on affected College systems.
  • The Comet Center will be notified of the removed name.

Should a Student ID Card have already been issued displaying the inappropriate preferred name:

  • ID Card services connected to the ID Card with the inappropriate preferred name will be suspended and the card invalidated.
  • The cardholder will be asked to surrender the invalid ID Card.
  • A new ID Card will be issued to the cardholder at their own cost (replacement ID card cost $15).
  • For students, refusal to surrender the invalid card may be violation of the Student Code of Conduct and cases may be forwarded to the Director of Student Affairs.
  • Cases of misuse and refusal to surrender invalid ID Cards by faculty or staff will be forwarded to the appropriate human resources representative.
  • The above process will be facilitated by a member of the Preferred Name Team.


Can I change my Student eMail Address if I use a preferred name?

  • No, the Student Email Address is determined by an algorithm based on your primary/legal name and is not impacted by a preferred name.

Will my preferred name appear on my Student ID Card?

  • Your preferred name may appear on your Student ID Card. In order for your name to appear on your Student ID Card, you must have already indicated your preferred name in myPalomar. Not that this change may take up to 48 hours to take full effect.
  • If your preferred name has been properly entered via myPalomar, then you may request a Student ID Card with your preferred name indicated on the front face. Your primary/legal name will appear on the back side for purposes of identity verification.
  • If you already have a Student ID Card and wish to have a new Student ID Card with your preferred name, you will be asked to surrender your old Student ID Card. Replacement Student ID Cards are provided free of charge with the surrender of your old Student ID Card.

How do I delete my preferred name?

  • If you have entered a preferred name and later decide that you would prefer to use your primary/legal name everywhere on campus, simply go to the MyPalomar Student eServices account and click the delete button. Note: it may take up to 24 hours for the change to be registered in all campus systems.

How do I correct or change my legal name at the University?

  • Students: You can correct or change your legal name by filling out the Student Data Change Form in the Admissions Office and supplying a legal ID or documentation that references your new name. Examples of documentation are Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Passport, Marriage Certificate, court or other legal document.
  • Employees: Employees should contact the Office of Human Resources for information about changing your legal name.

How does the preferred name policy affect F-1 & J-1 visa students?

  • Preferred name is for use within the university community. International students may feel free to select a preferred name for on-campus use. However, this does not apply in situations where one’s legal name is required to be used. For the purpose of F-1 or J-1 student visa status, the legal name must be used on I-20s and DS-2019s. An individual’s legal name is what appears in the passport.


Consumer Information


Federal regulations require colleges to provide specified information to prospective and current students, staff, and the general public.  Listed below are those items that must be available for review.

Mission Statement

General Institutional Information


Student Financial Assistance


Health and Safety


Student Outcomes

Frequently Asked Questions – AB 540

Note: In an attempt to help the student further understand Assembly Bill 540, the following information has been taken in part from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Offices, “Revised Guidelines and Information on AB 540 Exemption from Non-Resident Tuition December 2007”. Additionally, to facilitate understanding of particular immigration language in the bill, information from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services web page has been included. Following, are frequently asked questions regarding the AB 540 non-resident tuition exemption. Further information can be found at the California Community Colleges System’s Office web page:

What is AB 540?
Assembly Bill 540 is a non-resident tuition exemption that is available to certain students that attended a California high school for at least three years and graduated from a California high school. The exemption is available to United States Citizens as well as aliens without lawful immigration status. Students who are non-immigrant aliens are not eligible for the exemption.

What fees are AB 540 students charged?
With the AB 540 non-resident tuition exemption, eligible students will be able to pay the enrollment fee only. Without the exemption, non-resident students are charged the non-resident fee in addition to the enrollment fee. Additionally, all students are responsible for paying the health fee each semester and the student center fee.

Is AB 540 information kept confidential?
Yes, all information is kept confidential. There is no notation on the students’ transcript that indicates they are receiving the AB 540 exemption. Instructors are not informed about the student’s status.

Does AB 540 grant students resident status?
No, AB 540 does not grant students resident status. AB 540 only waives the non-resident tuition and students will still be considered either foreign or out of state students.

How Can Students Apply for the Exemption?
Students interested in applying for the AB 540 non-resident tuition exemption must fill out an affidavit, linked here, at the Admissions office. A separate AB540/AB2000 Affidavit must be submitted for each school the student wants to attend.

Financial Aid Information

  • Effective January 2013, AB 540 students are eligible to apply for student aid such as BOGW (Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver) and Cal Grant. For further information on the California Dream Act, click here.

  • Students that are United States Citizens remain eligible for Federal Financial Aid and student loans.

  • All AB 540 students are eligible to apply for scholarships.

The Law
On October 12, 2001, Governor Davis signed into law Assembly Bill 540 (Stats. 2001, ch. 814) that added a new section 68130.5 to the California Education Code. Section 68130.5 created a new exemption from the payment of nonresident tuition for certain nonresident students who have attended high school in California and received a high school diploma or its equivalent. Education Code section 68130.5 is contained in Attachment One. 

Education Code section 68130.5

 68130.5. Notwithstanding any other provision of law:

(a) A student, other than a non-immigrant alien within the meaning of paragraph (15) of subsection (a) of Section 1101 of Title 8 of the United States Code, who meets all of the following requirements, shall be exempt from paying nonresident tuition at the California State University and the California Community Colleges:

  • (1) High school attendance in California for three or more years.

  • (2) Graduation from a California high school or attainment of the equivalent thereof.

  • (3) Registration as an entering student at, or current enrollment at, an accredited institution of higher education in California not earlier than the fall semester or quarter of the 2001-02 academic year.

  • (4) In the case of a person without lawful immigration status, the filing of an affidavit with the institution of higher education stating that the student has filed an application to legalize his or her immigration status, or will file an application as soon as he or she is eligible to do so.

(b) A student exempt from nonresident tuition under this section may be reported by a community college district as a full-time equivalent student for apportionment purposes.
(c) The Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges and the Trustees of the California State University shall prescribe rules and regulations for the implementation of this section.
(d) Student information obtained in the implementation of this section is confidential.

Implementation Notes and clarification of Provisions


  1. The law does not grant residency; it requires that certain nonresident students be exempted from paying nonresident tuition.

  2. This benefit is available to all U.S. citizens, permanent residents of the U.S., and aliens who are not non-immigrants (including those who are undocumented), who meet all other eligibility criteria.

  3. Students must meet all requirements to be eligible for the exemption.

  4. Students are eligible for this exemption even if they enrolled in higher education prior to the 2001-2002 academic years. References in the legislation to prior academic years prohibit retroactive application of the exemption but do not preclude previous attendance.

  5. Students do not have to demonstrate an intent to become a California resident in order to qualify for this exemption. For example, those who live in neighboring states and who cross the border to attend classes are entitled to this exemption (assuming they are otherwise eligible) despite the fact that they may have no intention of returning to live in California. However, we have determined that the exemption is not available for persons who are absent from California, but who are taking distance education classes from California community colleges.

Steps for Enrollment – K12 Special Admission

Special Admission students may attend Palomar College with the permission of their high school district and a parent. After completing the online Application for Admission, please complete the K12 Special Admission Approval Form and the attached Health Consent form for each semester that you are under the age of 18 years at the beginning of the term or summer session.

K-12 students are limited to 7 units in Fall or Spring terms and 5 units in summer session. Students can petition to exceed these limits in some circumstances. Complete the K12 Special Admission Unit Petition and submit to the Admissions Office with unofficial transcripts of high school and college grades to demonstrate your past success with taking an increased unit load.

If the minor student has graduated high school or has received a California High School Proficiency Exam Certificate, then only the parent or guardian signature is required on page 1, the Special Admission Approval form and page 3, the Health Consent form.

If the minor student has been home schooled, then an official from the high school district where the student resides must sign and the parent or guardian must sign. (Private School Affidavit is Required)

If the minor student is under 16 years of age, then permission to attend each class must be requested of the Palomar faculty member who will sign the K-12 Special Admissions Approval form if permission is granted. Admissions staff will process the enrollment in person.

In all cases, submit the form to the Enrollment Services Office in the Student Services Center on the main campus in San Marcos or one of our Education Centers in Escondido, Fallbrook, or Rancho Bernardo, or as PDF document to from your Palomar student email.

The Enrollment Fee is waived for K-12 Special Admission students who attend Palomar on a part-time basis, (take under 12 units in a term). If a K-12 Special Admission student enrolls in 12 or more units, then the student will be considered a full-time student and will be charged the enrollment fee for all units taken. Note: the high school district counselor must sign the K-12 Special Admission Unit Petition to allow enrollment in 12 or more units.

If a Special Admission student is a non-resident of California, the in-state enrollment fee will be waived only, unless the student opts to take the college class for high school credit only. In that case, the student will be required to submit a Transcript Request Form to have the grade transferred back to the high school and the non-resident tuition will be waived. If the non-resident student opts to take the class for college credit, then the student will be required to pay the non-resident tuition.

Both part-time and full-time Special Admission students are charged a mandatory Health Fee and Student Center fee in addition to any materials and book fees required of the course.

Glossary of Terms

Glossary of Terms at Palomar College

  • Academic Renewal.: A policy which allows a student to petition to exclude prior substandard course work from their transcript which is not reflective of their current demonstrated ability. Obtain petition from the Counseling Center.
  • Academic Review Committee: A process by which students can petition to deviate from the College’s policies and procedures. Obtain petition from the Counseling Center.
  • Articulation Agreements: A list of courses offered at Palomar College which are acceptable at transfer universities as equivalent in content (or as acceptable substitutes) to those courses offered by the universities. These lists are available in the Counseling Center and online at
  • ASSIST: The official Internet site ( that contains all articulation agreements between California Community Colleges, the California State University, and the University of California.
  • Associate in Arts (AA) Degree: Awarded upon completion of course work totaling not fewer than 60 degree applicable units in areas of: a) General Education, b) Major, c) Electives. Must apply by appropriate deadlines.
    • Petition by 2/28 for May graduation
    • 6/30 for August graduation
    • 9/30 for Dec graduation
  • Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) Degree: Intended for students who plan to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing this degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. See a counselor for specific information regarding this major.
  • Associate in Science (AS) Degree: Currently only offered in Nursing. Awarded upon completion of course work totaling not fewer than 60 degree-applicable units in areas of: a) General Education, b) Major, c) Electives. Must apply by appropriate deadlines.
    • Petition by 2/28 for May graduation
    • 6/30 for August graduation
    • 9/30 for Dec graduation
  •  Auditing: To take a course without being graded or receiving credit, available to students by petition only. Deadlines apply when changing from credit status to audit status.
  • Catalog: A book published once a year that governs students’ progress toward degrees and certificates and contains course descriptions, programs, requirements, policies and procedures.
  • Certificate of Achievement (CA): Awarded upon completion of specified course work in a vocational/occupational program.
    • Petition by 2/28 for May graduation
    • 6/30 for August graduation
    • 9/30 for Dec graduation
  • Certificate of Proficiency (CP): Designed to certify basic workplace competencies and job readiness. Awarded upon completion of specified course work.
    • Petition by 2/28 for May graduation
    • 6/30 for August graduation
    • 9/30 for Dec graduation
  • Class Schedule: A booklet of class offerings, times, and locations published each term. The class schedule also contains enrollment information, add and drop deadlines, testing dates and times, and other general information.
  • College-Prep Classes (non-degree appropriate): These courses, principally in the basic skills areas, prepare students to perform satisfactorily in associate and baccalaureate appropriate classes. Students can take no more than 30 units of these courses; they do not apply to the degree.
  • Continuing Student: One who has attended classes during the previous regular term beyond the drop deadline.
  • Continuous Enrollment: For enrollment purposes, it is defined as attendance at Palomar College beyond the drop period of each regular term, where letter grades or W’s appear on the transcript. For graduation purposes, it is defined as attendance in one semester or two quarters (excluding Summer Session) within a calendar year (January through December) in the CSU, UC, or California CC Systems following initial enrollment at Palomar.
  • Directed Study: Individual study for advanced students which may include class work, research, or projects that do not fit into the context of regularly scheduled classes. Department chairperson approval required for enrollment.
  • Educational Plan: A document generated by a student and a Palomar College Counselor that allows the student and institution together to identify the student’s educational objectives, and to formulate a method for reaching them.
  • Full-Time: A study load of 12 or more units per semester. The normal full-time load in Summer is 6 units. Nursing students are considered full-time with 9 units in nursing courses.
  • General Education (GE) Requirements: Also known as breadth or core requirements, these patterns of courses are designed to expose students to broad areas of knowledge.
  • Grade Point Average (GPA): Determined by dividing total grade points earned by total academic (A-FW) units attempted.
  • Grade Points: Points given for academic (evaluative) grades.
    • A = 4 points D = 1 point
    • B = 3 points F = 0 points
    • C = 2 points FW = 0 points per unit of credit
  • Half-Time: A study load of 6 – 8 1/2 units per semester.
  • IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum): A general education program that California community college transfer students can use to fulfill all lower-division G.E. requirements at most CSU or UC campuses (see a counselor for exceptions).
  • Lower Division/Upper Division: In colleges and universities, lower division means freshman and sophomore years and upper division means junior and senior years. Community colleges provide lower division course work for transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
  • Major: A major is a group of courses related to a defined area of study. All colleges and universities require students to declare and pursue a major.
  • Noncredit Certificate of Completion (NC): Designed to lead to improved employability or job opportunities. Awarded upon completion of specified course work.
  • Noncredit Courses: A variety of courses offered with no unit credit. The courses are taught by credentialed instructors and provide remedial, developmental, occupational, and other general educational opportunities to citizens of the community.
  • Pass/No Pass (P/NP) Grading: Pass/No Pass units are not counted in the GPA. A Pass is earned for coursework equal to a “C” grade or better. A No Pass is earned for coursework equal to a “D” or “F” grade. Pass/No Pass units are used in calculating Progress Probation and Dismissal.
  • Probation: A warning status that scholastic standards are not being met.
  • Semester: A 17-week period of class work.
  • TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee): Palomar College has TAG programs with seven UC campuses. All of these agreements guarantee admission into the University and some guarantee admission into the major.
  • Tech Prep: A program in which high school students can earn college credit for certain occupational courses completed at their respective high schools.
  • Three-Quarter Time: A study load of 9 – 11 1/2 units per semester.
  • Transcript (of Record): An official copy of the record of classes attempted and/or completed by a student. The transcript is maintained by the Palomar College Records Office and is considered confidential. It may be viewed or released only with permission of the student.
  • Tuition (Enrollment Fees): A charge for instruction.
  • Tutor: A person, recommended by faculty as knowledgeable in specified subjects, who is available through Tutoring Services free of charge to work with an enrolled individual in need of special assistance with course work.
  • Unit of Credit: A credit or semester unit represents one hour of class work per week for one semester. It is expected that most students will spend two hours outside class in preparation for each hour of lecture. Slightly less outside preparation time is expected in laboratory. Three hours of laboratory per week are approximately the equivalent of one unit.
  • Units Attempted: Credit units in which the student was enrolled beyond the 20% point of any course whether or not a passing grade was earned or the student withdrew from the course before its completion.
  • Work Experience: A program that combines classroom studies with on-the-job experiences.

Student MyPalomar Instructions

Palomar College has a fully automated application and registration system. Students can apply and enroll online. To be eligible to enroll or register in classes, students must have a current application on file. Returning students who have missed one semester must re-apply in order to receive an enrollment appointment or to receive access to the system in the open enrollment period.   
All class enrollments (registration) are processed online using MyPalomar. Online enrollment appointments are issued and students can enroll at their appointment day and time or anytime after. Students with current, updated applications may enroll without an appointment during the Open Enrollment period.
--New Students - never completed applicationInstructions Video
--Returning/current StudentsVideo
--Sign-In to MyPalomarInstructionsVideo
--Re-apply (update application)InstructionsVideo
--Retrieve Student ID/PasswordInstructionsVideo
--Using Class SearchInstructionsVideo
--New StudentsInstructionsVideo
--Returning Students InstructionsVideo
--Add to Wait ListInstructions
--With Permission NumberInstructions
DROP CLASSESInstructions
VIEW 1098-TInstructions
VIEW PLAN (MAJOR)Instructions

Submit an Online Application Go to to
Click on Apply - Red Button
Complete 11 steps
You will receive an Acceptance page with a Palomar Student ID Number - write it down or print the page.
Return to the Sign In page and enter your Palomar ID and Password. Click on Sign In
You will receive a Welcome screen
Click on the link, Activate student email account . Return to this page later to login to your student email account. This is required of Financial Aid students to receive communications from the Financial Aid Office.
Click on the Student Center tab
This is where you will add/drop classes, pay fees, apply for financial aid, view your grades, request transcripts and much more!
Sign In to MyPalomarGo to
If you are using a language other than English on your computer, you must add English to your list of languages in your browser. Go to File, Internet Options, Languages and add English to the list before you sign in to MyPalomar.
Click on MyPalomar - white link at top of page
Enter your Student ID
Enter your Password
Click on the Sign In button
You should receive a Welcome Screen with your name
If you receive a blue menu on the left instead, click on Self Service and then Student Center
Click on the Student Center tab
Re-apply (update application)Sign-in to Student Center
Click on link, " Your application data needs to be updated "
Complete prompts to update your application .
Retrieve ID/Set New PasswordGo to
Click on MyPalomar link
Click on link, "ID/Password Help"
Enter your ID (if known) in the top box or Enter SSN in 2nd box if ID is not known
Enter your date of birth
Enter the challenge question response - Important note: If you do not remember your challenge question response, you will have to call Admissions at (760) 744-1150, ext. 2164 or email to request that your challenge question be reset.
Enter a new password - please note new password requirements
Re-enter new password
Click on Submit button - your Student ID will display on the next page .
Add Classes using Class SearchGo to
Sign in to MyPalomar and click on Student Center tab
Click on Add Classes
Review and ACCEPT terms of use
Select term from dropdown list and click on Change, if necessary
Click on Class Search link
Select the Course Subject from the dropdown menu
Click on the Magnifying Glass - a list of valid course numbers will display for your selected subject
Choose the Course Number
Click the Show Open Classes checkbox and any other criteria (campus, instructor, Internet) to tighten your search
Click on Search
A list of classes meeting your criteria will display
Click on the Select Class button for the class that you would like to add
The class will be placed in your Shopping Cart
Click on Enroll
Confirm your class and click Finish Enrolling
You will receive a Success message and a green checkmark if your registration was successful
Click on Make a Payment button to pay your fees
Add Classes - New StudentsSign in to your Student Center page
Click on the Add/Drop Classes link
Read the following page of important information and click on ACCEPT at the bottom to proceed
Select the term from the dropdown list and click on Change, if necessary
Enter the 5-digit class number and click on Enter
The class information will display in your Shopping Cart - click on Enroll
Confirm your class and click on Finish Enrolling
You will receive a Success message and a green checkmark if your registration was successful
Click on the Make a Payment button to pay your fees
Add Classes - Returning StudentsSign in to your Student Center page
Click on the link, " Your application data needs to be updated " and answer questions to update your application
Click on the Add/Drop Classes link
Read the following page of important information and click on ACCEPT at the bottom to proceed
The Add Classes page will display, Select the term from the dropdown list and click on Change, if necessary
enter the 5-digit class number and click on Enter
The class information will display in your Shopping Cart - click on Enroll
Confirm your class and click on Finish Enrolling
You will receive a Success Message and a green checkmark if your registration was successful
click on the Make a Payment button to pay your fees
Add Classes - Add to Wait ListSign in to your Student Center page
Click on the Add/Drop Classes link
Read the following page of important information and click on ACCEPT at the bottom to proceed
The Add Classes page will display. Select the Term from the dropdown list and click on Change if necessary
Enter the 5-digit class number and click on Enter. If the class is already in your Shopping Cart, click on the class link.
The Add Classes page will display. Click in the Waitlist checkbox.
Click on NEXT
Note that your class has been placed in the Shopping Cart - click on ENROLL
You will receive a Success message noting your position on the Wait List. Continue to check your Wait List position on your My Schedule page.
Add Classes with Permission NumberSign in to your Student Center page
Click on the Add/Drop Classes link
Read the following page of important information and click on ACCEPT at the bottom to proceed
The Add Classes page will display. Select the term from the dropdown list and click on Change, if necessary
Enter the 5-digit class number and click on Enter. If the class is already in your Shopping Cart, click on the class link.
Enter the Permission Number in the Permission Number box
Click on ENROLL
Confirm your class and click on FINISH ENROLLING
You will receive a Success message and a Green Checkmark if your Add was successful.
Click on the Make a Payment button to pay your fees
Drop ClassesSign in to your Student Center page
Click on the Add/Drop Classes link
Read the following page of important information and click on ACCEPT at the bottom to proceed
From the Add classes page, click on the Drop tab
Click in the box next to the class that you want to Drop
Confirm your class and click on FINISH DROPPING
You will receive a Success message and a green checkmark in your drop was successful.
Print your schedule as confirmation that your class was dropped.
View My Class ScheduleSign in to your Student Center page
Click on the Other Academic dropdown menu
Select Class Schedule
Select the Term and click on Change if necessary
Your Class Schedule will display
Your class information will display including
1. meeting information
2. grading status
3. waitlist position, etc
Your class schedule can be printed in list format or weekly format
View My Unofficial TranscriptSign in to your Student Center page
Click on the other academic dropdown menu
Select Transcript: View Unofficial
Click on the arrow
Click on Go - this process may take a few minutes
Your unofficial transcript will display
Apply for Financial AidSign in to your online Student Center
Scroll to the My Finances and Financial Aid
Click on " Apply for Financial Aid " link in the blue column on right
Access Student Email AccountView instructions here: Access email
Pay Student FeesSign In to MyPalomar
You will receive a Welcome screen
Click on the Student Center tab
Scroll down to the My Finances and Financial Assistance area
Click on the Make a Payment link - If you get a blank page, you must disable your browser pop up blocker. Click here for instructions
Your class fees will display. From this page, you can use the dropdown menu to return to the Student Center or you can use the Purchase Items tab to pay your optional fees (Parking, Student ID)
To continue to pay your class fees, click on the Next
Enter your credit card information . You will receive a confirmation.
To purchase a Parking Permit and/or ID , click on the Purchase Items tab
Modify the Quantity and click on Calculate Total. Click on Next
If you are not ready to pay your fees, click on No Thanks to return to the Add/Drop page.
To continue with your payment, confirm your optional fees and click on NEXT
Enter your credit card information and click on NEXT . You will receive a confirmation.
When adding or dropping classes, be sure to check your student account summary to confirm that everything is as you expect. If you have any questions about your student account, please contact the Cashier's Office at (760) 744-1150, ext. 2114 or email:
View 1098-TSign in to your MyPalomar
Click on the Student Center page
Scroll down to the My Finances and Financial Aid area.
Click on Account Inquiry
Click on the Tab for Account Services
Select the 1098-T year
All years in which you paid fees (Jan_Dec) will display
Remember that spring fees are usually paid in the year prior to the start of the term
Incorrect Function Error MessageOpen Internet Explorer
Click on Tools
Click on the Compatibility View Settings
Check box for Display all websites in Compatibility View
Click on Close
Sign in to MyPalomar and attempt your transaction again.
Forward Student Email to Your SmartphoneHave student email forwarded to your webmail account. See instructions at
(must use Internet Explorer)
Once your student email is forwarded to your personal webmail account, setup access to your webmail account on your smartphone.
Access Bookstore from MyPalomarSign in to your MyPalomar
Click on the Student Center page
Click on Add/Drop Classes link
Scroll down to "Connect to Bookstore" link
The books required for your classes will display and you will be able to purchase them.
View My Grading Status (ABC, PNP, GRAD)Sign in to MyPalomar
Click on the Student Center page
Click on the "other academic" dropdown list (above)
Click on Class Schedule
Grading Status and Wait List position are noted on the Class Schedule
View My Wait List PositionSign in to MyPalomar
Click on the Student Center page
Click on the "other academic" dropdown list (above)
Click on Class Schedule
Grading Status and Wait List position are noted on the Class Schedule
View my Plan (Major)Sign in to MyPalomar
Click on the Student Center page
Click on the "My Academics" link
Scroll down to Plan(Major)

Getting Started


Who can apply for admissions to Palomar

To attend Palomar you may be:

  • a high school graduate or equivalent
  • anyone (including non-high school graduates) 18 years of age or older
  • a minor who may profit from instruction and has permission of the local high school district and a parent or guardian. Students under 16 years of age are restricted to to courses designed for children. Permission to enroll in other classes rests with the instructor. Some programs have limited admission or have additional academic or skill requirements. Please print the following forms and instructions for each semester and submit with application to the Admissions Office.
  • K-12 Special Admission Approval form must be signed by the high school district and parent or guardian
  • a transfer, out-of-state or international student

When? To meet your busy schedule, there are frequent start dates throughout the year.

 Where?   Palomar College has 5 Education Centers and numerous other locations to serve you in North County!
Submit an Online Application – New Students Instructions Video


San Marcos Campus, SSC

Phone: 760-891-7512
Fax: 760-761-3536

Remote Hours of Operation

8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.

My Palomar Help Desk Hours

Phone: (760) 744-1150 x2140
Monday – Friday  7:30AM – 5PM
Location: A-110

We are constantly striving to improve and we'd love to hear from you! Please let us know about your experience by using the comment box:Comment Box

Financial Aid Questions? Get video answers, click here. Financial Aid TV

scroll to top