ENROLLING ONTO A WAIT LIST
How does the wait list work?
The MyPalomar system provides the opportunity for students to place themselves on a wait list for closed classes. MyPalomar uses an auto-enroll system. Auto-enroll will automatically enroll wait-listed students based on their position number when a seat becomes available. Auto-enroll occurs regularly throughout the registration period prior to the beginning of a semester.
- Palomar will notify students via email if they have been auto-enrolled from a wait list into a class.
- If a student is automatically enrolled in a class, additional fees will be charged by this enrollment and must be paid within ten calendar days to avoid being dropped.
- Classes for which a student is wait listed do not count as official enrollment and may not be used to fulfill enrollment requirements toward financial aid, Veterans benefits, athletic participation or verifications of enrollment.
Important things to know about the wait list:
- ONCE WAIT LISTED, do not try to enroll in the same section or re-wait list. It could result in losing your place on the original wait list.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check daily their email and/or the status of their wait listed classes on MyPalomar.
- If students are no longer interested in being on a wait list, it is the students’ responsibility to drop the course.
Students will NOT be auto-enrolled from the wait list if any one of the following conditions exists:
- Corequisites or prerequisites for the wait listed class are not met.
- Hold on student record (past due fees, address hold, SSN verification, disciplinary hold, etc).
- Official enrollment into the same course but different section.
- Time conflict with another course.
If any of the conditions listed above exists, the auto-enroll system will enroll the next wait-listed student. Students who are skipped will remain on the wait list. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all holds are cleared. You will be notified if your position is skipped during the auto-enroll process.
The last day students can add themselves to a wait list is the Saturday before the start of the class. Students will no longer be auto-enrolled beginning the Sunday before the first day of classes.
What prevents students from adding themselves to a wait list?
- Enrollment appointment date/time has not yet been reached
- Prerequisites/corequisites for the class are not met
- Instructor consent required to enroll in the class
- Student has a hold on their account
- The last day to wait list has passed
- Wait list is at its capacity
- Already enrolled or waitlisted in another section of the same course
- Term unit limit is exceeded with enrolled and/or waitlisted courses: fall and spring, 19.0; summer, 12.0.
What should I do if I’m still on the Waitlist once the class starts?
Students that have not been auto-enrolled prior to the start of the class are strongly encouraged to attend the first meeting. At that time, if the instructor is able to add you they will issue you a permission code to be used online to register. How to use permission codes