OVERVIEW OF EOPS
EOPS is a supplemental program that provides financial assistance and academic support for students who receive a limited income and have educational barriers.
- Book Voucher
- Counseling (Academic, Transfer, Career, and Personal)
- Priority Registration
- Educational Grants
- Student Success Workshops
- Must be a California resident or AB540 Eligible.
- Have less than 49 degree applicable units
- Enrolled in 9+ units (fall and spring) or 6 + units (summer). If you are in less than 9 units and have a verifiable disability, you may want to contact Palomar College’s Disability Resource Center. DRC offers a variety of services and equipment for student use on campus. The goal of the DRC program is to create an environment which encourages the student to function effectively, enabling students to participate in regular college curriculum.
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant Method “A”, “B” or “C Zero EFC”. The “C Zero EFC” Method requires the student to have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of 0.
AND YOU MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Received placement recommendations, based on multiple measures assessments, in degree applicable/transfer-level Math or English coursework with support units.
- No high school diploma or G.E.D.
- High school GPA was below 2.5
- Previously enrolled in remedial education
- First generation college student (neither parent has a 4-year college degree)
- Parents are non-native English speakers
- Emancipated Foster Youth
MY NEXT STEPS (We are currently accepting applications for Spring 2021!)
I submitted my EOPS application, when and how will I know if I am approved?
You will receive a confirmation email once you submit your EOPS application. It will take approximately 5-7 business days to process your application. You will receive status notifications to your Palomar College email.
#2 Complete an EOPS New Student Orientation
#3 Complete your 1st EOPS Contact
Once you complete your EOPS New Student Orientation, you will be contacted to schedule your 1st EOPS Contact. You may also call or email us to schedule your appointment.