How to Request an Embedded Tutor
ESL teachers in critical need of support can contact their ESL program coordinator to arrange for a tutor to assist them in their classes. The critical need is defined as having a good size class or having a concrete plan to boost student retention and success rates. The embedded tutor will work in your class at least once a week and can be more fully embedded in your class, budget permitting. For more information about embedded tutoring, call (760)744-1150 ext. 2962.
Top Tips for Making the Most of Our ESL Tutors
Click here for a summary of top tips offered by participants at a spring 2011 roundtable. The tips cover both embedded tutoring and tutor referrals.
Assorted Files to Download
- A Common Blurb for All ESL Instructors to Copy and Paste on Syllabi: (Word), (PDF)
- Teacher Embedded Tutor Agreement
- Writing Instructor’s Recommendation for ESL Tutoring
- A Sample Student Accountability Form
- A Learning Tool for Deeper Understanding of Reading Material
- Sample Directed Learning Activities (DLAs):
Yes/No Questions (Worksheet)
Past, Present, and Present Progressive (Worksheet)
- ESL Tutoring Center Flyer – Summer 2017
- A New Brochure About ESL Tutoring
A Sample Tutoring Session
Click here to view a typical ESL tutoring session. ESL students will gain skills in collaboration with ESL tutors.
Click here to recognize a tutor who has made outstanding contributions to student success.
Click here to offer your suggestions so that we can improve our work.