IMPORTANT! The deadline to declare an eligible major for Fall 2020 federal aid is September 24, 2020. If you declare an eligible major after this date, you will not be considered for student aid (except CCPG) for the Fall 2020 semester. You may appeal the deadline by submitting an Eligible Major Appeal which will be available on September 28, 2020. Decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
To receive financial aid (Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG, Cal Grant, Federal Work Study and Federal Student Loans) you must declare an eligible program of study with the Admissions Office.
Eligible programs are:
- Associate in Arts (AA)
- Associate in Science (AS)
- Certificate of Achievement (CA) if the program can lead towards Gainful Employment (note: refer to Palomar College link: http://www2.palomar.edu/gainfulemployment/
If you are transferring to a 4 year university the following academic transfer program majors are eligible for federal financial aid.
- Associate in Arts (AA.U)
- Associate in Science (AA.X)
- Associate in Arts in University Studies
The following programs are NOT eligible for federal financial aid
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Transfer majors ending in “.T” (example: Psychology.T)
- Certificates of Achievement in University Studies:
For a List of Eligible Majors, please see this link: Eligible Majors
You can submit a major change request form: https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/enrollmentservices/files/2020/04/Student-Major-Change-FormA.pdf
If you have any questions, please stop by the financial aid office or send an email to email@example.com