Skip to Content
Palomar College Learning For Success

Eligible Academic Majors for Federal Financial Aid

Effective Fall 2015,  to receive federal financial aid (Pell Grant, FSEOG, Cal Grant, Federal Work Study and Student Loans) you must declare an eligible program of study with the Admissions Office. 

Eligible programs are:

  • Associate in Arts (AA)
  • Associate in Science (AS)
  • Certificate of Achievement (CA) if the program can lead towards Gainful Employment (note: refer to Palomar College link:


If you are transferring to a 4 year university the following academic transfer program majors are eligible for federal financial aid.

  • Associate in Arts (AA.U)
  • Associate in Science (AA.X)
  • Associate in Arts in University Studies


The following programs are NOT eligible for federal financial aid

  • Undecided
  • Certificate of Proficiency
  • Transfer majors ending in “.T”  (example: Psychology.T)
  • Certificates of Achievement in University Studies:
    • US-CSUGE
    • US-ICSU
    • US-ICSUC
    • US-IUC 

For a List of Eligible Majors, please see this link: 2018/2019 Majors

You can submit a major change request form through:

 If you have any questions, please stop by the financial aid office or send an email to


Last modified on June 21, 2019

You can fill out your 2019/20120 FAFSA! Please go online at

For Dream Act, go online at:

Financial Aid Add/Drop Deadline (Freeze Dates)
Class schedule must be finalized
(Including Late Start classes) by:

Fall 2019: September 3, 2019
Spring 2020: February 10, 2020

Click here for more information on Freeze Dates