The Fall 2017 Textbook Assistance Application is now CLOSED. All funds have been exhausted
Palomar College Foundation Textbook Assistance Program application is generally available one week prior to the start of each Fall and Spring semester. The Application period is open until funds are exhausted.
- Eligible students will see the link to the application on their student eServices account
- Students must have a current year FAFSA, online BOGW, or CA Dream Act Application (CADA) on file to determine Financial Need
- Applications will be available through the first week of classes – or until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
- Students are required to write a statement (125 word minimum) to explain the financial barrier(s) preventing them from purchasing required books and to discuss how the book grant will help them achieve their educational goals
- Financial Aid will send application decisions via Palomar email within five (5) business days (to the email address on the application);
- If the application is approved, the Foundation will provide up to $200 for textbooks (new, used, or rentals) at the Follett Bookstore on the San Marcos campus. Students can maximize their award by using the book rental option (the student is responsible for following all book rental program guidelines);
- Reminder: There will be books placed in reserve at the library for students to use
Financial Aid office hours:
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM to 6 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM to 2 PM
Student Services Center (SSC)