- Don’t procrastinate. Meet the published deadlines.
- Read and follow all instructions
- Complete the entire scholarship application. Log in to eServices from the Palomar College home page at www.palomar.edu and click on the Student Center tab. Click on the “Apply for Scholarship” link.
- Respond to both essay questions in essay format.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation to the Financial Aid Office by the deadline date. Be sure your name and Palomar Student ID number is included on your recommendation. The letter should be dated within the last 3 months. We encourage instructor or counselor recommendations.
- Request official copy of academic transcripts to be sent to Palomar College Records Office
- High school transcripts for high school seniors or college students with less than 12 college units.
- College transcript for all others who completed at least 12 college units from other colleges.
- Ask questions when in doubt.
|Tips on Responding to Essay Questions
- Your responses should be original, well written, honest, and describe something meaningful to you.
- Respond to the questions as follows
Describe why you selected your major area of study and your future academic and career goals. Express what you want to do professionally and personally with your life (maximum of 300 words).
Describe any adversity or challenges you have overcome and continue to face in your pursuit of your educational goals (maximum of 500 words).
Last modified on July 30, 2014