General Information Regarding CalGrants:
|CalGrant High School Entitlement Award Claiming Process– eligible students are required to satisfy specific requirements on their WebGrants 4 Students (WGS) account to claim their award.
Confirmation of School of Attendance: Students have the capability to select the “Confirmation of School of Attendance” link in WGS to confirm the school they will attend during the academic year.
High School Graduation Confirmation: Beginning the first day of the month of the student’s graduation, students will have the capability to select the “Submit High School Graduation Confirmation” link in WGS to confirm they have graduated from high school.
To access your WebGrants 4 Students (WGS) account click here
- To be considered for a Cal Grant, you must complete a FAFSA by March 2nd every year
Palomar College Cal Grant GPAs will be submitted February 19th for students that meet criteria listed below.
- If you have completed at least 16 degree-applicable units at Palomar College, we will automatically send your GPA electronically to CalGrant.
- If you have less than 16 degree-applicable units at Palomar you will need to contact your high school about submitting your GPA
- Minimum 2.0 Palomar College GPA
- Enrolled at Palomar within the last 5 years
- If you missed the March deadline…California Community College students are eligible for a secondary Cal Gant round– deadline is September 2nd every year.
- Other College Course Work GPA – If you need to include other college course work to meet the minimum 16.0 degree-applicable units complete the Cal Grant GPA Verification form.
- Submit the Cal Grant GPA Verification form to the Records Office. Processing time is three (3) working days. If submitting the form with less than three (3) working days from either the March 2nd or September 2nd deadline there will be a $5 rush charge payable at the Records Office. Forms will not be accepted after 12:00 noon on the day of the deadline.
Important Facts about your Cal Grant…what you need to know.
- How to Apply for the Cal Grant
- Cal Grant Fact Sheet or www.calgrants.org
- G-10 – Grant Record Change Form (use to report a leave of absence)